New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante No option for default blog post meta. Some other options seem missing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    alikapadia

I recently changed my site template to Dante, but it looks like that in order to disable certain meta information, like Author bio, it seems like I’ll have to go through all blog posts throughout my entire site and one by one disable that everywhere. There seems to be no default meta setting in the dashboard to disable author bio.

Similarly, I do not see any setting in the dashboard to disable the Heart icon like showing on all my blog post pages and its listings. I would also like to disable the Link icon in the social sharing bar, which seems to have no sharing purpose. It just links you back to the same page you already are on.

I also would like to disable other blog features like breadcrumbs and link to next blog post but am finding no option to remove those: http://glui.me/?i=5wnql3enu0jsoa0/2013-11-27_at_8.22_PM_2x.png/

Can you please help me out with the above mentioned things and how to achieve that?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @alikapedia,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve just noted down to add some extra meta options in the next update, so they will be included.

Adding an option to disable the love it functionality too. We’ve also removed the social link icon, makes no sense to have that.

The breadcrumbs you can disable in the post meta options, in the page title section. If you wish to remove the post navigation, you can add the following to the custom css panel within theme options:

.single-post .post-pagination-wrap {
    display: none;
    }

– Ed

davidbrodgers

Hi Ed,

I tried adding the single-post css code you outlined above to the “Custom CSS” box on the general theme options, but it did not appear to remove post navigation.

I also placed “single-post” in the “extra page class” box, and the post navigation is still displayed?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That code was just to be added to the custom css box, nothing else needed.

Can you provide a link to your site so that I can check why it’s not working for you?

Thanks,

– Ed

alikapadia

That worked! Thank you for looking in to these Ed.

davidbrodgers

Hi Ed,

Maybe it’s because I’m using Flexform: http://www.regentparklife.com/543b-parliament-street

Would the CSS be different for Flexform than Dante?

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@davidbrodgers – Yes, that would be why!

The code for Flexform is:

article.type-post .blog-pagination {
    display: none;
    }

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register