Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    tensor

I tried a lot of WP templates in the past and all lacks the feature not having any useful integration of the Nextgen image plugin and their portfolio / slider / … features. I currently use the Nextgen viewer or the “Justified Image” plugin to show images at my site. I am a photographer which uses Lightroom and the WP plugin to publish photos, but I cannot use any slider feature from the template.

Wouldn’t it be cool to provide an integration between your template image feature and the Nextgen library?!

Btw: I found out that I cannot use the Nextgen Pro library with your template (buggy behavior). I switched it of and use the basic features from Nextgen.

– Harald

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’ve assigned this topic to the developer, he will assist you shortly ๐Ÿ™‚

– Kyle

tensor

Hi

great to hear this. I try to use as less plugins as possible. The professional plugin of Nextgen (pro version) isn’t compatible with your template. If I install it, option screens disappear. This is really strange. To ensure stability, the only workaround is to not using it ๐Ÿ˜‰

– Harald

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Harald,

Which plugin(s) are you referring to exactly?

I’ll be happy to check and see if we can support them!

– Ed

tensor

Especially “NextGEN Pro by Photocrati”, “WordPress SEO” and “Jetpack”.

– Harald

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Harald. I’ll check NextGEN Pro by Photocrati.

Which aspects of WordPress SEO & Jetpack aren’t compatible at the moment?

– Ed

tensor

Hi Ed,

For NG: I tired it for a short time and the first thing I was wondering is, that I have to reload the theme configuration page. No matter what I tries to configure (fonts, header, footer, …).

Same phenomenon for SEO, and especially for Jetpack.

This is more about overall stability. I disabled the plugins and tried to use only your theme and the includes plugins. And, …nearly ten others. Currently everything works fine. No issues. I use the free version of NG, Kyle told me he prefers YAOST, which works fine for me. The only feature I was using from Jetpack was the Performance Module and the Subscription Module. But this was not really working.

At this time I am really glad with my configuration and your support. You can close this issue and let me know how far is the NG integration. I finally would also appreciate if you would maintain a plugin compatibility database for future releases of your theme. That would really be a killer service for all users.

– Harald

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Harald,

Great idea – I’ll see what I can do about a plugin compatibility list, and keep it up to date as we add support.

Thanks, glad you’re happy ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register