New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Next and Previous pagination issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    justingrahamiam

Hey Guys,

I have 4 different “Categories” in my portfolio: Active Investments, Previous Investments, Case Studies, and White Papers. On one page I have Active Investments and Previous Investments in one filterable portfolio on my portfolio page. The others live on other pages but are experiencing the same issues. The next and previous pagination on the bottom of each portfolio piece is reversed(next is left and previous is right).

Also when I am on the last portfolio piece the pagination starts to direct me to other “Categories” like case studies.

I have attached marked screenshots.

How can I fix these? I have a link to a test site but don’t want to paste the link in the forum. Would prefer to send to a personal email.

Justin

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Justin,

Navigation in WordPress is time-related, so that’s why it’s a bit confusing. It inherits the blog-type navigation, where ‘next’ means ‘go back in time’ (since previous cannot exist, as that would be ‘future’). Hope that makes sense and clears the confusion a bit – we had them placed like that according to WordPress coding standards.

But the good news is that you can switch them around by editing single-portfolio.php and flipping the position for lines 236 and 237. Don’t forget to save the file to server ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

justingrahamiam

Thanks Cosmin. I won’t have an issue switching that but what about the issue of the pagination pulling in other categories? Would you like the test link to see what i mean?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Sure, let me know which other ones and I’ll provide guidance as to change the theme files accordingly.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

justingrahamiam
    This reply has been marked as private.
    justingrahamiam

Ok. I have fixed the next/previous wrong direction issues. And I have solved the issue of pulling in other categories.

Now i have an issue of the next/previous buttons skipping over child categories until you have reached the end of the first category. Let me explain further…

Here is the page: http://mysitefpo.com/updata/our-portfolio/

My portfolio has 2 child categories: Active Investments and Previous Investments. They are mixed together with the “All” filter and in alphabetical order. So what is happening is that the first three portfolio pieces (Acclaris, Alert Logic, and Amber Road) are “Active Investments” and you can use the next/previous arrows to get to them in alphabetical order, but when you are on Amber Road the “next” pagination arrow skips Appfluent because it is a “Previous Investment” and continues with the rest of the “Active Investments”. Now the “Previous Investments” don’t come into the next/previous buttons until you are on the last “Active Investment”. You can see here on the Videoblocks page: http://mysitefpo.com/updata/?portfolio=video-blocks it brings in Appfluent which should be be fourth in the pagination.

Any idea why they are being separated by the category in the next/previous pagination but not in the main portfolio grid view? Could use your help on this and a walkthrough if solved.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Justin,

Did you set those categories to actually be “child” categories in WordPress? Because that isn’t really necessary and I believe it may be confusing the pagination function there.

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

justingrahamiam

The next and previous are running through all the categories. Regardless of them being a child or a parent. Its okay im sure the pagination is screwed up because i installed a plugin that re-orders them in alphabetical order. In the end i removed them. Thanks though for checking this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register