New Landing How can we help? Atelier Newest update help

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

hi guys, a new update was sent to me Oct. 29 which i havent done anything with yet, but now have time to deal with. However.. unlike past updates, there is no notification of a theme up date on my dashboard, and i’ve never updated with a straight download to the backend before.. so i’m looking for some advice. Thanks.

dm13

I’m also trying to update the visual composer, but the purchase code is not a code canyon purchase, so it wont work of course.. i’m getting very confused on all the many little updates this theme constantly needs done, and all the different companies that they come from.. would be so much easier to just have the plugins update when the theme updates! (although i hazard a guess thats not possible).

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to upload the new files via ftp. And no it’s not possible, it’s in Envato’s rules that we can only provide plugin updates in the theme download files.

– Kyle

dm13

hi Kyle. I found an email from Envato about the visual composer being conpromised with instructions on logging into code canyon to update – but as i said, i dont have access to code canyon directly, as the plugin came with the atelier theme – so i am at a loss how to update this portion.

the atelier update I can probably figure out how to do that if i google it – perhaps that alone will update the visual composer? its a bit of an issue because I have a child theme! I was told last time, that the update would not change my added css code in my child theme, but then now i’m being told it will and that i need to save all that code and transfer it over to the new updated theme so i’m totally confused. I havent added code to the php files, only the theme CSS.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Check in Apperance -> Install plugins it should also be there.
    And in the theme files of our theme from Themeforest.

-Rui

dm13

Hi Rui, there is nothing in my entire theme back end that will lead me to an update of the Atelier theme.. its not in updates, its not in plugins, its not anywhere.. the only reason i know there is an update is i just got another email tonight saying that there is one. really wish to get this sorted out.. and have hit my learning curve :p

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to download the latest theme files from ThemeForest

– Kyle

dm13

Kyle, i feel like i’ve reached my learning curve on this particular support issue ๐Ÿ™‚ if we can do this in a step by step with clear instructions i feel confident enough to do it. so.. step one download the new update. done.

step 2 is either upload it in the dash board area or use the FTP server to upload, yes? if i use the dashboard i think thats easier as i have no idea what to do with the file once i’m in to the FTP – i never use that to be honest. so if i upload to dashboard, it will strip out the CSS code i’ve added to the ‘theme options > custom CSS/JS’ area right? and i’ve been told to create a child theme which I did so it will strip that out? (this is the part i’m unclear on as last time i updated a support person said no it wont, and this time someone said yes it will). If i activate the new update, does it strip out the custom css or does that stay as its in the theme area and not in a php file? the child theme not sure what is different about it compared to the original, but not much more than a few lines of code to fix something that might actually be fixed in this update.

let me know about this part and then i can actually do what i need to, and upload and then go from there. thanks.

carteblanche1

I’m having the same issue where the update is not showing up in the dashboard as it did with previous updates. This allowed us to simply click an “update” button and have the theme update automatically. Will the update be pushed to the wordpress dashboard?

westcoastsurf

@carteblanche1

I’m pretty sure the theme update has never been available to upgrade via the dashboard. We have always had to download the update from themeforest and then manually upload via FTP. We can update the plugins via the dashboard after we update the theme though.

Bummer.

dm13

Cartblanche1 is correct. The last 4 updates have been simple clicks from the dashboard. I have never had to use FTP or upload the zipped file since I started using Atelier half a year ago. I really would love to see this come back for us non tech people.. I have a good eye for design but I suck at tech ๐Ÿ˜‰

David Martin – Support

Hi all,

The auto theme updater is still present, however our auto update service provider is experiencing current downtime. When the service is back up the notification will appear in your WP Dashboard.

Thanks,
    David

dm13

Thanks David!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem, thanks David

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register