New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood neighborhood-child theme not picking up php changes in sub dirs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    westcoastsurf

** MAINTENANCE MODE ACTIVATED **

Hello, I am having issues with the child theme not picking up my php changes. I have uploaded the given child theme and set the theme to neighborhood-child.

Example: I wanted to change the portolio carousel text to be h5 instead of h4 and remove the right arrow in the title. So I find the php file here:

/neighborhood/includes/swift-framework/page-builder/builder/shortcodes/portfolio-carousel.php

I make the change in line 170:

From
    $items .= '<h4 class="portfolio-item-title"><a href="'.$permalink.'"><span>'. $item_title .'</span><i class="fa-angle-right"></i></a></h4>';

To

$items .= '<h5 class="portfolio-item-title"><a href="'.$permalink.'"><span>'. $item_title .'</span><!-- i class="fa-angle-right"></i--></a></h5>';

Then I upload the new portfolio-carousel.php to the child theme here:
    /neighborhood-child/includes/swift-framework/page-builder/builder/shortcodes/portfolio-carousel.php

The change does not work. When I upload to the main neighborhood theme and overwrite the portfolio-carousel.php, the changes work.

I have a few changes like this in other php files in sub dirs, none of them work in the child theme.

Even when I upload a new /neighborhood-child/language/en_US.mo that file does not work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

westcoastsurf

list of changes not being over written.

/neighborhood-child/images/shopping_bag_icon.png
    /neighborhood-child/includes/swift-framework/page-builder/builder/shortcodes/portfolio-carousel.php
    /neighborhood-child/includes/custom-post-types/portfolio-type.php
    /neighborhood-child/includes/swift-framework/sf-woocommerce.php
    /neighborhood-child/includes/swift-framework/sf-content-display/sf-header.php
    /neighborhood-child/language/en_US.mo
    /neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart-empty.php
    /neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart.php
    /neighborhood-child/woocommerce/loop/result-count.php

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid child themes do not work that way, only root folder files can be overwritten in the child theme. For e.g. header.php, footer.php etc.

To overwrite theme specific files you would need to add the function of your edit into the child themes functions.php file. However note that only some functions have been written to be overwrite-able

– Kyle

westcoastsurf

ok, thank you.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Its ok.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.