New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Need some brief guidance – Display full-width

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    eduturns

Hi Ed,

Hoping you can drop some knowledge on me… I’m using a timeline plugin called Chronos. It’s just a WP plugin implementation of . I really want to be able to have the timeline span the full-width of the browser, just as it does on the TimelineJS website. Simply because it looks much much slicker at full-width. Though it will also make it more usable and easily viewable on smaller devices. I’m going to have multiple timelines, each used on different pages and posts; where in most cases, there will be other content both above and below the timeline.

I understand that’s not currently possible, which is totally cool. So I’d like to hire a freelancer to do whatever is necessary to make that happen. But I don’t have the knowledge to layout my requirements and explain specifically what it is that I need to have done, beyond basically just saying, “make it do this”. Would you be willing to provide me with some brief guidance on what I need to ask for?

I just don’t want to go off and make some broad request and run the risk of someone hacking things up just to achieve the desired end-result; while in the process breaking something that’s not immediately noticeable or doing it in a way that’s not forward-compatible with future updates of Flexform. If it was something(s) I just had to paste back in following each update that’d be fine, awesome if I didn’t have to, but perfectly fine nonetheless. Also, do you think you could throw me a ballpark estimate of the amount of time it’d likely take someone to do this? That would be a very helpful bonus.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Ok. What you’d need to do for this is probably create a custom page template for content that you want to go below the timeline (if any). Then in the header.php file you can add the timeline based on this page template being used.

I don’t have much experience with timeline, but it shouldn’t take more than a few hours to get the standard implementation.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

eduturns

Thanks Ed! Guess I assumed it to be a more difficult task than it actually is. Really appreciate all the help. The theme, the support, this forum, whatever is the next level up above top-notch, that’s where you guys are holding it down. All the code, advice, and answers to questions posted by you, Cosmin and Ben are an invaluable resource to someone new and learning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register