New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Need help on many things

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    syahrul123

Hi, i just bought the cardinal template and i am having lots of fun. However, i am facing several problems.

1) My article and article topic is not in line. If you were to look at any of my posts, my article topic would be flushed all the way to the left. However, my article itself is centred.

2) I would like to remove the subscribe button because apparently, it doesnt seem to have any function.

3) For every post, at the bottom there would be a next and before article menu. Currently they are next to each other. I tend to have long article names. Is it possible to have the ‘next’ to be on top of the ‘before’?

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) This is set so that the blog content is not too wide, but it’s easily overwritten. Just add the following function to your child theme functions.php file:

function custom_post_content_wrap_class_nosidebar() {
        return 'col-sm-12';
    }
    add_filter( 'sf_post_content_wrap_class_nosidebar', 'custom_post_content_wrap_class_nosidebar' );

That will set the content area to show at container width. It may show at full browser width for you – but I’ve just fixed an issue with this that will be in the update we’re sending off today.

2) This is set in Theme Options > Header Options: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pb8mz9pu8j9isy/Screenshot%202014-07-05%2009.48.08.png . You can add whatever you like here, or leave it blank. The example we’ve added opens a modal, within which we have a contact form – this is completely optional.

3) Sure, just add this custom css:

.post-pagination-wrap.prev-next .next-article, .post-pagination-wrap.prev-next .prev-article {
    width: 100%;
    float: none;
    }
    .post-pagination-wrap.prev-next .next-article {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

Glad you’re enjoying it, hope my above answers help ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

syahrul123

Hi thank you and I have resolved this issues. I noticed that articles that I posted after installing the theme have a different layout then older articles I wrote before the theme installation. For example, in new articles, my widget sidebar appears, but in an old article it doesn’t. In addition, the old article does not have any information on the author. Is there a way for me the layout of the old articles to the new ones?

New: http://www.soapgamebox.com/celebrate-indiependence-green-man-gamings-sale/

old: http://www.soapgamebox.com/zombies-monsters-robots-open-beta-unleashes-mayhem-in-north-america/

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    syahrul123

Hi, it seems that the default meta options does nothing. My old posts before the theme installation is still not affected and has no sidebars. How do I install the updated build? I cant seem to do so as it says it is already installed.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @syahrul123,

We pushed this update live this morning, so if you go to Dashboard > Updates, or Appearance > Themes, you should see the option to update?

If you’re still struggling after this, let me know and I’ll sort it for you ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

syahrul123

Thank you. I’ll try it out. Another thing though, on my blog, not all thumbnails area appearing. This is the same for the home page where there is only a boxes of text. In individual post post pages, the ‘related article’ only showcases some thumbnails of some articles, not all articles are being shown with a thumbnail.Is it posssible to make all of the ‘related article’ to have a thumbnail?

http://www.clusterfacts.com

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Do you have the featured image set, and the thumbnail type set to Image?

Are these existing posts? If so, then you can set the default thumbnail media type in Theme Options > Default Meta Options.

Thanks,

– Ed

syahrul123

Yes i already have. Only some of the thumbnails are appearing in the homepage.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you drop me a login in a private reply? I’ll have a look.

– Ed

syahrul123

I’m sorry but how do I do that?

And another thing, my ‘ recent post’ widget is all messy. The words are smuged together and they is no space between lines of text.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

When you write a reply, check this box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/echtn0kgxe1wru5/Screenshot%202014-07-08%2000.45.57.png

Looks like you’ve fixed the widget, we have fixed this for the next update. It’s simply this css, which you can add to the custom css box:

.widget ul li {
    line-height: 150%;
    }

– Ed

syahrul123
    syahrul123

My apologies, the first problem has already been resolved. Apparently it just needed some time. However, I am still having problems with the thumbnails loading.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register