New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform NAVIGATION TEXT COLOR/HOVER ISSUES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    JTFF

Hi again,

Within the “navigation” area I had put in six menu items. I put in a seventh and noticed that the text of this one was different from the rest. It is also the only item that changes color on hover. Also, the sub menu hover text does not change either on mouseover. The weird thing is that even when I change the text color, the six always remain different from the new one. Suggestions?

Thanks

JTFF

I’ve now been looking at multiple pages to see what’s going on with the nav text color etc. The features change on almost every page. Sometimes the nav pointer is present, sometimes it’s not. On some pages everything works and the text is all the same (on all 7 menu titles). On the homepage, the text is always different colors with the 6 and new one, but the new item is always the only one to have the text color change on hover. The sub menu items now all change on hover. The only thing I did was change the color of the nav divider. Not sure what’s going on here.

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you please post a link to the site, so I can check and try to help?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

JTFF
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Did you add some custom CSS to change menu item colors to #222222 by any chance? I see the hover colors are getting overridden on the homepage.

Apart from that, everything looks and works the same on all three pages.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

JTFF

Hi,

It must be displaying differently on your computer. All I did was adjust the color via the custom color page. Any suggestions?

1) On the first link (Homepage), the first six menu items do not display hover. However, “about” (the last one) does.
    2) On the second link, everything works like it should (hover and nav pointer).
    3) On the second link, the nav pointer does not work.

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Please provide login details in a private reply and I’ll take a closer look. Also, what browser were you using?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

JTFF
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT
    JTFF
    JTFF

Hi,

Just bumping this to the front since it’s slipping away.

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi JTFF,

Sorry that this got overlooked.

The links that don’t change colour when you hover them is because they are recognised by WordPress as the current page (selected menu item). This is because they all link to the home page?

– Ed

JTFF

Hi Ed,

I really appreciate your help. I know you guys have a ton of questions. I was hoping that it was as easy as that, but I am still having problems with this once again on the home page. Just to test this, I linked “fly fishing media & reviews” to another page, the “about” page. However, it does not change color like the “about” page does even though it is linked to the exact same page. On the other hand, “hosted fly fishing trips” turns blue like the “about” menu item even though it is linked to nothing, or evidently the homepage. Something is happening to each one of these items. Suggestions?

Thanks

JTFF

Hi guys,

Just bumping it to the front again since it’s in danger of slipping away. For some reason this question has been elusive over the last two weeks. Any suggestions to make it more conspicuous or any tips that would help you out? Anyways, the question is above. Hopefully, it’s an easy fix.

Thanks

Ben – SUPPORT

It seems to be adding the class to say it’s the current page to most of the links adding

nav .menu li.current-menu-ancestor > a, nav .menu li.current-menu-item > a {
    color: #000000;
    }

Which is overriding the hover colour

And the first 3 in the navigation are just a links without hrefs

I’ll update this more in a moment.

Thanks
    Ben

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register