New Landing How can we help? Cardinal multiple main nav menu links highlighting

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    WEswift

Team, for some reason the Advantages page also highlights the nav menu link for the neighboring Site Selectors page. Neither is a child of the other. Thoughts?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It says that is a pace ancestor, can you provide admin credentials to have a look?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xocg5uv0zjej2vs/Screenshot%202016-11-15%2016.54.37.png?dl=0

-Rui

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

thanks. It’s strange since it seems all fine.
    can you try to deactivate all plugins except SwiftFramework?

-Rui

WEswift

Rui – apologies on my delayed response. That’s a live client site so I am unable to turn off plugins. We do however have a preview site page here: http://bit.ly/2g9EZzr which has the same issue. However, even after turning off plugins on this nearly identical preview site, the issue remains. Thoughts? Thanks again in advance.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you provide me some credentials for that one? I tried the other credentials and they didn’t worked.

-Rui

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is caused because you have a custom link in the submenu for Site Selectors http://thefreightway.werremeyer.com/advantages/ -> Why Freightway? this is the current page also: http://thefreightway.werremeyer.com/advantages/

WEswift

David – thanks so much for catching this. Is there a slick css remedy for this? I’m investigating as well. Technically, these pages aren’t assigned to a parent > child relationship. It’s odd that a custom child link only established for one menu item would affect menu items outside of (and at a higher level than) an individual menu / dropdown item. I think that more universal menu behavior would be indicative of an actual assigned parent > child relationship. Not merely a custom link in a separate dropdown menu. Thoughts? -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I can only think of some inconsistence inside the Database regarding the relation of the Ids of those menus, but this is very difficult to determine. not sure if you imported demo content several times when started building the site.

-Rui

WEswift

Rui – I’m not sure what you mean. But after examining the issue further it just occurred to me that what’s really happening is when we’re on the Advantages Page, the nav bar doesn’t know (or track) which link was clicked to get there. It shouldn’t normally have to. BUT because it isn’t, both navbar references to that page (the main Advantages link and the dropdown Advantages link – and it’s parent) ALL highlight to show that you are presently on that page. This is a different perspective than what I was considering in my prior post. I think in this case the only course of action would be to NOT highlight the parent of the dropdown child. Or not put multiple links to that page in the dropdown. Thoughts? Thanks in advance. -Paul

WEswift

Team, I ended up making the following modification, thereby electing to not highlight an active dropdown ancestor:

nav .menu li.current-menu-ancestor > a
    {
        color: #7a7d78; /* whatever your standard main level default anchor color is */
    }

Thanks for all the help!
    -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad you sorted it.

-Rui

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.