New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Move Next/Previous Post Button

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Petercity

Hi,

I would like to move the Next/Previous Post bloc below the social share button bloc in a blog post.

I assume that I should modify some line in “single.php”, but as i’am very new in php could you indicate me exactly what bloc of line i should move and where to put it back.

In case I could use the child theme, could give a documentation link to know I to use it.

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

If you upload the single.php to the dante-child theme. You’ll want to move lines 228-231:

<ul class="post-pagination-wrap curved-bar-styling clearfix">
    					<li class="prev"><?php next_post_link('%link', __('<i class="ss-navigateleft"></i> <span class="nav-text">%title</span>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    					<li class="next"><?php previous_post_link('%link', __('<span class="nav-text">%title</span><i class="ss-navigateright"></i>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    				</ul>

to above line 268:

<?php if ($show_social) { ?>

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Petercity

Sorry Ed,

I try but it didn’t work. I also try to delete the mentioned line and flush my cache, but it still appear.

Petercity

Please, any idea Ed ?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You dont have to delete any line, Just move the code block from above to below. If you have deleted any line it could be the reason why its not working.

Thanks
    Tahir

Petercity

Hi Tahir,

Since the hack you provide me seems to doesn’t work, I back to you because I still want to move the Move Next/Previous post below the share box.

I just upgrade to version Dante 2.01, could indicate me the exact bloc of line to move and where to place it. Please If It’s work for you can send me the whole single.php modified code, so I can make any mistake.

Hope to hear you soon.

Regards.

Melanie – SUPPORT

You just take the code Ed mentioned

<ul class="post-pagination-wrap curved-bar-styling clearfix">
    					<li class="prev"><?php next_post_link('%link', __('<i class="ss-navigateleft"></i> <span class="nav-text">%title</span>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    					<li class="next"><?php previous_post_link('%link', __('<span class="nav-text">%title</span><i class="ss-navigateright"></i>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    				</ul>

copy it, delete it, and paste it below this bunch of code

<?php if ($show_social) { ?>
    					<div class="share-links curved-bar-styling clearfix">
    						<div class="share-text"><?php _e("Share this article:", "swiftframework"); ?></div>
    						<ul class="social-icons">
    							<li class="sf-love">
    							<div class="comments-likes">
    							<?php if (function_exists( 'lip_love_it_link' )) {
    								echo lip_love_it_link(get_the_ID(), '<i class="ss-heart"></i>', '<i class="ss-heart"></i>', false);
    							} ?>				
    							</div>
    							</li>
    						    <li class="facebook"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="post_share_facebook" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=220,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-facebook"></i><i class="fa-facebook"></i></a></li>
    						    <li class="twitter"><a href="https://twitter.com/share?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=260,width=600');return false;" class="product_share_twitter"><i class="fa-twitter"></i><i class="fa-twitter"></i></a></li>   
    						    <li class="googleplus"><a href="https://plus.google.com/share?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=600,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-google-plus"></i><i class="fa-google-plus"></i></a></li>
    						    <li class="pinterest"><a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>&media=<?php if(function_exists('the_post_thumbnail')) echo wp_get_attachment_url(get_post_thumbnail_id()); ?>&description=<?php echo get_the_title(); ?>"><i class="fa-pinterest"></i><i class="fa-pinterest"></i></a></li>
    							<li class="mail"><a href="mailto:?subject=<?php the_title(); ?>&body=<?php echo strip_tags(get_the_excerpt()); ?> <?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="product_share_email"><i class="ss-mail"></i><i class="ss-mail"></i></a></li>
    						</ul>						
    					</div>					
    					<?php } ?>

and above this code

<?php if ($show_author_info) { ?>

Cheers

Petercity

Hi Melanie,

Yes it works, but as the block it’s stick with the share box, how can I add a extra padding on the top of Next/Prev box ?

Cheers

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Add the following custom css to add spacing:

.article-body-wrap .share-links {
    margin-bottom: 30px;
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register