New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood mobile device issue with product thumbnails

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    creatorofstuff

I don’t know if this has anything to do with what transpired within this thread or not
    http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/quickview-plugin-does-not-work/
    but I decided to check my site on an iPad and iPhone, and discovered that the products are not rendered correctly.

On the iPad, in the space where the “add to shopping bag” popup should be, there appears to be a slice of the top of my product image instead (I included a screenshot of this) and there is no popup. Additionally, the quickview bar is not there at all either. (Ed graciously got the Quickview plugin working on my “normal” version of the site.)

On the iPhone, the “add to shopping bag” bar is there, and so is the Quickview bar, but that does not fill the entire space like it does in a regular browser on a computer. Then, to make matters worse, when you click it (the quick view button), it starts, but hangs up and does nothing. (I am on wireless, so it’s not a speed issue.)

All of these issues apply to products on both the home page and the shop page.

I’m including screen shots of all three of these issues. ๐Ÿ™

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    creatorofstuff

UPDATE AFTER INSTALLING THEME UPDATE:

1. On the computer, the quickview background has changed from white to black with a white border.

2A)On iPad, you can now see the add to shopping bag popup, but the quickview bar does not completely fill the space it should. There appears to be some padding on the right, and a little underneath, but it works.

2B) On iPad, the quickview bar is white on the homepage and black (with a white border) on the shopping page.

3. On iPhone, the quickview background is black with white border, and the sizing is wrong, just like the iPad. When you click on it it works this time, but the window is very tall and skinny. ๐Ÿ™ I am providing a screenshot.

I’m sorry this has turned into such a headache. It would be awesome if the theme had this feature so we wouldn’t have to deal with this. Maybe someday…

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’ll forward this to Ed so he can decide whether and when we can spend time on the additional modifications ๐Ÿ™‚

huntingensemble

Hi Guys,

Is the ipad product problem already been solved? The slice of the product image that is showed under the featured image?

Got the same problem here.
    Let me know!

Joost

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@huntingensemble – Yes, this was fixed in v1.3.3.

@creatorofstuff
    – Do you want the quickview button on iPhone, or would you rather it appear correctly on iPad but hidden on iPhone?

– Ed

creatorofstuff

Ooh, good question! Is it hard to tell me the code for both options? I think it would be nice to have it to minimize page loads on a phone, but if it looks horrible (after clicking it) then I would just opt to hide it.

Thank you!!!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

/* Display Fix */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
    ul.products li.product a.quick-view-button {
    width: 100%;
    border: 0;
    top: -30px!important;
    }
    }
    /* Hide on mobile devices */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    ul.products li.product a.quick-view-button {
    display: none;
    }
    }

There you go!

– Ed

creatorofstuff

Thank you!!! You are wonderful, marvelous, amazing, and I truly appreciate it. The best support EVER. ๐Ÿ™‚

huntingensemble

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply.
    Can you tell me in which file and line? Proably style.css?

I’ve did some customization on the theme (and site is live for just 1 week) and I don’t want to do all those customizations again to fix this (will do it eventually but I have to make some time for it).

I assume that I have to check every php/css file that is effected by the update which I customized to keep things as they are right at this moment, right?

Best,
    Joost

creatorofstuff

@Joost – Ed is the authority but for what it’s worth, I think it is prudent to only make customizations to the child theme if you can help it. As for the modifications above, I put them in my child css file. This way, the updates don’t affect my changes and my child css trumps all the others. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ed can correct me if I’m wrong.

huntingensemble

@creatorofstuff Thanks for taking the time to reply on my question. Yeah, i know it’s proably better to only change the child theme but when I want to do “advanced” modification on the php files im forced to edit the .php files in the parent (correct me if im wrong).

The child theme folder only consists of a style.css sheet so won’t be able to edit .php in there…

Thanks.
    Joost

creatorofstuff

@huntingensemble – You are welcome! I’m so not an expert but I know there are other files you can put in your child theme folders. I’m pretty sure that any file you put in your child theme can overwrite the equivalent file in the parent theme. This seems safer to me than changing the original.

The best of luck to you.

huntingensemble

@creatorofstuff Thanks again for your help! Maybe some one from support can awnser this question? Is it possible to put edited .php files in the child theme?

Thanks
    Joost

creatorofstuff

@hungingensemble
    My pleasure.

Yes, it is possible. ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe this article in the WordPress codex will shed some light on the subject. (It looks like there is a lot of other information out there that might help, too.)

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register