Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
    rene.appeldoorn

Am I nuts, or are some translations for reviewing products missing? For instance:

– Button ‘Write a review’ in single product page
    – Text ‘Review’ next to the stars on top of a reviewed single product page
    – Text ‘There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours?’ in a not-yet-reviewed single product page

It would be nice to add translations for these strings. Thanks in advance.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, the strings are definitely translateable from within the php files.
    Maybe you need to rescan the files, cheers!

rene.appeldoorn

Oh yes, of course, but that’s not the way translation should be done. Updating your theme turns into a hell of a job when editing the source code. That’s why the language files are designed, so the only right way is to add strings for the mentioned text…

SebMartien

Hi Rene,

You’ll find the string “There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours” in the
    woocommerce language file.

rene.appeldoorn

Thanks for your reply SebMartien, which file exactly do you mean? I can’t find that string in: /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/language/en_US.po

myuption

I don’t know why this topic was closed, wouldn’t it be easier for a developer to find all the missing string to be translated in a single thread?

http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/translation-strings-not-found/

“There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours” is in woocommerce, and it is translated, it simply doesn’t show in the theme.

Also in a variable product the roll down menu shows the Word ‘Select’ and the attribute next to it.

rene.appeldoorn

You’re right myuption, some translations strings are still missing or not ‘being used’ by the theme.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey,
    I opened the other thread again.

But as I was saying, the strings are definitely prepared to be translated via .po and .mo files, rene, you must have misunderstood my response.

Cheers

rene.appeldoorn

Sorry Melanie, partially true. Two of the ‘missing strings’ are indeed translatable with the .po file:

1) Button ‘Write a review’ in single product page
    2) Text ‘Review’ next to the stars on top of a reviewed single product page

But here’s the surprise: the translations are ‘nog being used’ by the theme. So instead of showing the translated text, the theme is ignoring it and showing the original English text.

Finally, the third translation string I mentioned in this topic:

3) Text ‘There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours?’ in a not-yet-reviewed single product page

The .po file really doesn’t contain this string. So if you have a .po file containing this string I am really nuts or we have different files.

myuption

Yeah, seems to be misconfigured in the theme, cause I have it translated.

Hope it can be fixed in the next review. 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’ll let the developer know about that! Thanks guys!

Ultraschall2d

I am very unhappy with this form of Support. Most of the questions in this forum are not provided with clear solution at the end. The 1 level support provides some meaningless questions and keeps out tasks.

Sorry Melanie, but your answer does not provide any solution. Translation is not a new topic and need to be fixed with an update. Any planend fix Date for this ?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve fixed this for the next bugfix update, which will be released very soon!

– Ed

rene.appeldoorn

@Ultraschall2d: First of all: I’m not hired by Ed to say this. I’m just trying to make life a bit easier for you – and possibly others too. It worked for me.

I really do understand your frustration, but you have to think about this: It’s impossible for Ed to read all forum topics. That’s what the other support girls and guys do. I’m pretty sure they do their very best to scan al topics for serious issues and pass them through to Ed if it’s a serious issue.

I think that’s a good thing, because you should be aware of the fact that every single person is convinced his issue is a serious bug and should be fixed by the developer immediately. I’m not a developer, but I’m pretty sure this is not true in 80% of the cases.

So please give Ed some space to do things he does best and try to live with the fact that it sometimes takes a few extra replies to convince everyone it’s really an issue that should be solved by Ed.

rene.appeldoorn

Oh, by the way: As Ed says, a new bugfix will be released soon and this issue will be solved with this release. That’s within two weeks after reporting the issue. That’s not too bad?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register