New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Ability Menu settings don't look the same as in documentation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    Polymvth

When I go to Appearance > Menus as directed by the documentation I don’t see any of the same things shown in the documentation there is no theme locations window I will attach a screen shot of what I do see perhaps the documentation is outdated and wordpress has changed its menus otherwise I don’t see how you could have gotten to the screen displayed in the documentation

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, with WP 3.6 this page was changed, so you will find the menu locations below the custom menu directly, in your case it should be below your Portfolio menu item, further down, a checkbox to click 🙂 Cheers

Polymvth

Can you be a little more specific? I can’t find what you’re talking about and I don’t think I’d know what to do even if I could… Can you walk me through the menu section of the documentation but with updated instructions? Is there any way to update the documentation? If I had known the documentation was out of date I probably would have paid for a theme with documentation that was current with wordpress’s layout.

Polymvth

Never mind I figured it out. I have another issue though. I tried to add a services page as well as an about page but can’t get the text to appear I only get the arrows that take you to the top of the page. The pages are appearing in the menu though

Robertmalcolm.com

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

I’d like to check the backend of your website to investigate, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

Polymvth
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

That’s odd, I cannot find the reason for that, I will have to forward this to another support staff to check out.

Cheers

Polymvth

Any luck?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Sorry for the delay, I’m sure Cosmin will get back to you as soon as he can!

Polymvth

So far I’m pretty unhappy with this theme. It seems buggy. Sometimes Video embeds don’t load in the portfolio items. It was a nightmare trying to get a custom showcase background. Once you click one of the preset showcase backgrounds it won’t let you upload a custom one with out resetting the theme options. After clicking a portfolio item the page will randomly jump up and down which is pretty annoying when trying to watch a video. I’m really regretting buying this theme. It’s been one month since I asked for help with the service and about pages and so far no one has gotten back to me.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’m sorry, it seems Cosmin cannot be bothered to reply here… I will forward you to the developer directly! All the best

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Polymvth – really sorry that you weren’t replied to sooner!

I’ve just had a look and it wasn’t loading because it was a child page of home (which isn’t needed to be set). I’ve changed it and it’s now working as expected.

The jumping is caused because one of your showcase images is a lot smaller in height than the rest, if you fix that you shouldn’t have any more issues with it.

Hope that helps. I’ll look out for your replies.

– Ed

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks Ed, you’re our hero once again!

Polymvth

Thanks I think that fixes everything. I’ve noticed a new problem though. My portfolio boxes seem be broken up by white spaces. It’s supposed to be rows of three and I have 9 portfolio items currently but instead of doing three rows of three it’s breaking them up into a row 3, a row of 1, another row of 3, and a row of two…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Do all of your items have a featured image set?

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register