New Landing How can we help? Atelier menu navicon problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

i just bought Atelier today and love it. I am already starting to build a site for a client, and there is a problem. When i resize the screen and make it as narrow as possible (to test the responsive design), the menu navicon does not list all the menu options or categories when i click on it. How can I fix this? I already manually checked the WP MySQL db to make sure it was not corrupted in some way with the wrong menu row associations. Thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to assign a menu to the mobile menu, in Appearance > Menus > Menu Locations

– Kyle

alibey

Hi Kyle,

This worked, but only up to a point. Specifically, there are 3 menu options (or pages) that appear in my Mobile Menu that I did not attach in the Administration panel: Wishlist, Login, Signup. This also happens on my Android device, a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Also, this solution does not work on Firefox on the desktop. I have Mozilla 40.0.2, running on Windows 8.1
    Just so you know. I was going to cut a separate ticket to let you know that the display Products after you press the Catalog menu option does not work on Firefox. It works fine on Opera, and Chrome.

Please advise as to both issues. And thanks for the quick reply. I reply appreciate it!

Cheers

Ali

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Go to Theme Options > Mobile Header Options

– Kyle

alibey

The catalog issue was due to the Noscript on Firefox, that problem solved with whitelisting.
    The extra menu options on the mobile menu appear to be due to SG, my provider.
    It seems to want to allow me to sign in to access my cpanel.
    Should I contact Siteground about this, or is there a way to do this from within the WP admin panel?
    Again, many thanks. By the way, Atelier is awesomeness itself!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Why do you need to access your cPanel?

– Kyle

alibey

hi kyle

yes i do not need access to my host provider’s signup or login pages from this site. this just happened automatically, so to speak.
    i did not add the urls to these pages in the WP Admin page for Menus, so am mystified.
    I have contacted my hosting provider for an answer, and will let you know what they say.
    I was, however, curious as to how Atelier (just the brand name) appeared above my administrative login to my hosted WP account. Is this supposed to happen, or is something wrong? I dont recall reading anywhere that this would happen, and found it a little odd. is this a themeforest thing? If it is possible to remove this, please advise.

Many thanks! Cheers,

ali

alibey

hi kyle

siteguard claimed they cannot duplicate the navicon problem. i see the problem on all the computers at this location. i also see it on my smartphone, but its used the same router as my comps to get to the internet. i will go to another site tomorrow to see if that location also shows the same result. if this only shows up here at this location, i can live with it. if end users see login to siteguard info, then it might some kind of massive internal wp related bug that has nothing to do with atelier.

i will move on and put this to rest if the problem only show up hear. let ‘s wait 24 hours before closing the issue. thx.

cheers

ali

alibey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    alibey

I fixed it. All is well.

cheers

Ali

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Great. Glad it’s sorted.
    -Rui

alibey
    alibey
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The cart/wishlist/account etc are added by the theme by default, I’d suggest removing those from your mobile menu, as our integrations are built-in with icons etc.

– Ed

alibey

sorry but no – the problem exists even if I follow your suggestion. but the theme should not be silently adding menu options without my knowledge.

at any rate, i just created a mobile menu that has 1 item, catalog, and when I look at the site on my samsung s5, it duplicated cart and wishlist (but placed other items on the menu that were not duplicated, but which i did not add to the mobile menu). So the responsive design implementation appears to be faulty.

i have supplied the login credential twice already. please looks at the web site.

as it now stands, i cannot go ahead with launch until i am shown what i am doing wrong, or it is conceded that there is an actual bug in atelier with respect to menus, and the bug fixed. it would be helpful to have more documentation on this feature.

please be specific in answering, as time to launch is fast approaching. i appreciate your help, but i find i am spending a lot of time detailing my questions and gets very brief and incomplete answers.

cheers
    ali

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register