New Landing How can we help? Atelier Media Library Deleted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    MikaEmily

Hi there,
    Have been encountering a lot of problems to even begin starting to work on a site, and as of just recently, the entire media library (including the default theme content) seems to be gone.

Yesterday, spent some time uploading new photos to the site, and now nothing shows up on the website (but when I ‘preview’ other pages, there is other default content there). When I click on the ‘media’ section it just has the loading image forever and I guess the entire media library is empty now. In addition to that, when you go to the site homepage, nothing shows up and it just continually loads.

I’m not sure what happened here, but can we recover this content, which somehow seems to have been deleted? Or do we have to start rebuilding the site from scratch again?

Also, is there any way to save data (product info, pictures, texts, etc)? We have had to restart doing everything three times already and it is extremely exhausting that everything we do gets deleted and that we have to start from the beginning.

This is all new for us, and it is difficult for us to figure out what’s going on, so any help would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Emily

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

It’s possible your server is out of PHP memory.

Please follow these steps: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/how-to-fix-fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-error/.

Thanks.

MikaEmily

Thank you for the response. However still don’t understand what to do based upon the link listed. I don’t know what a FTP is, or also what a root installation directory is. A while looking at wordpress’ directory section got me lost and confused.

How does one access these things through the wordpress/atelier menu? If these things were listed in a “click this, then on this’ kind of way then maybe could follow, but with this wording there’s no way. We would appreciate instructions ‘for dummies,’ if that exists at all 🙂

If it’s too difficult, it might as well be easier to try starting building the site again from scratch. Will try to figure this out a bit more…

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please contact to hosting provider to increase the PHP MEMORY LIMIT.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

MikaEmily

Hi,
    I don’t believe that memory is the problem, because we hardly had any content at all. We have a paid hosting plan, and the amount of content in the media library didn’t exceed a simple blog (the atelier demo content + about 25 normal res photos of our own).

I have now tried to switch to another demo, to wipe the content completely and start from scratch, however it won’t even let me do that.

On the frontend of the site, it constantly has the ‘loading’ image, and on the backend, I can’t do anything (the ‘media’ part is unable to ever load) as well as many other parts that don’t function because I suppose they are connected to it.

Also, I thought re-importing the theme would allow me to reset everything, but it won’t allow me to do that.

What is the best way to get things working again?

Thanks,
    Emily

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me FTP login detail to inspect and resolve the issue easily.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

MikaEmily
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    MikaEmily
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure what was said to you but all the communication is made in the forum, you just need to share those credentials in a private reply.

Only you and the support team will see those replies.

-Rui

MikaEmily
    David Martin – Support

Emily, you must add the FTP password also…

1) Media Library Gone: Not something the theme has any interaction with. Please ask your host to restore this from the last backup.

2) Media Library not loading, this is caused by a 500 Server error http://www.hertravelbag.com/wp-admin/upload.php.

As mentioned, it’s possible your server is out of memory. This has nothing to do with the amount of content you have uploaded. Please refer to my post #263571.

3) “Can we recover this content, which somehow seems to have been deleted” – the page builder has a history function, you can revert back to various previous layouts.

If you have actually deleted content from your site, then it’s gone and you will need to ask your host to restore this from the last backup.

4) If you delete everything then there is no way to do this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register