New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Many issues with new update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    JLHeck

Hello support,

After updating today I have encountered many issues. Some are very big and some are small. I have several screenshots below to illustrate the issues.

In image 1:

The main navigation bar has mysteriously gone missing. It doesn’t show up on any page throughout the entire site. This is my biggest issue. Navigation is extremely important.

Also, the front page is not displaying the featured images properly. Nothing is showing up.

In Image 2:

1. Navigation is still not showing up.

2. The product category heading/title is displaying on this page and many others throughout the site. I have this featured disabled in the meta options so I am confused to how it is showing up here.

In image 3:

1. Navigation is still not showing up.

2. The main thumbnail image and all the other thumbnail gallery images are not displaying.

3. All of my font options have decided to go bold, when I try to alter the css, it will not change back to my preferred normal/not bold corrections.

4. You may also like or “up-sells” is not displaying at all.

5. The production description drop down is open on page load when before, it was not. I would like it to be closed on page load.

I took these screen shots in Chrome, Safari has similar problems but not all of them. Please help, we are having our grand-opening very soon. And people have already begun to buy things on our site.

I know there are some woo commerce issues as well, such as the product category navigation is completely wrong, but I have contacted them about it.

Please help,

Sincerely,

JHeck

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi JHeck,

Your menu and featured images are loading fine for me, have you tried clearing out your browser cache – if you still get the issues?

To remove the product category archive page title, this little CSS snippet will help you:

.tax-product_cat .page-heading {
    display: none;
    }

Thanks,

David.

JLHeck

Yes, the navigation and featured images are now loading. I tried you css snippet and it didn’t work for me.

A couple more things…

Is there a snippet of code that will make the product description accordion stay closed on page load, right now it still opens.

Also anything to remove the bolding of the type with the new them update?

Thanks,

Julianna

David Martin – Support

Hey,

There were numerous CSS errors in the custom CSS option. I have run those and cleaned the whole lot and amended the above snippet. This now removes the requested title.

.tax-product_cat .page-heading {
    display: none;
    }

To answer your second query yes you can but you would need to make a modification. Unfortunately this customisation is beyond our scope of support. However I can give you specific directions to follow:

1) Open the file: ‘tabs.php‘ located in the theme folder ‘/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php

2) Find line 78 $class = "in"; and comment this out to look like this: //$class = "in";

For a change like this I would recommend using a child theme: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks,
    David.

JLHeck

David Martin you are the best. Thank you so much for your help. You cleaned up my site?! I couldn’t ask for anything better.

I added your change to the tabs.php file to my child theme. Thank you so much.

JHeck

David Martin – Support

Now that is a great way to end a Friday! – Have a great weekend 🙂

JLHeck

Hello,

I am still having issues with one thing after the most recent update. In Safari, the h5 text option has bolded and can’t be undone with my custom CSS. I keep trying to bring it back to a normal font wegiht, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

JHeck

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hey,

Where are you placing the CSS and what CSS are you using?

Something like this should work no problem.

h5 {
    font-weight: normal!important;
    }

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register