New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Make page take up whole width of screen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Bitedge

How can we stretch the page so it takes up the whole width of the screen, like wikipedia, instead of having the empty side borders?

cheers

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

As seen in the demo, you can only have a boxed or full-width layout (can be enabled in theme options). The theme doesn’t have a layout such as Wikipedia, sorry.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Bitedge

The thing is “full width” is not full width, it just makes what is outside the box white. Is there a line of code somewhere we can change the value of padding or margin or width % that would reduce the borders on the side?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Unfortunately no, the theme is based on the Twitter Bootstrap framework and it’s not going to be that easy – the whole layout/design would need changing.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Bitedge

Ok I gather its more than me and this forum can do so I have put it on a brief for some website updates I am going to pay a development company to do.

So please help me understand. Is the Twitter Bootstrap framework editable code in files one of witch specifies how big the outside margins on a PC should be? If so how to edit those files?

I want to understand so I know whether its sensible to put it on a brief, how many hours they would reasonably charge and if there would be other effects.

Ben – SUPPORT

The files to edit will be a combination of CSS, JS and WP. If you log into your host via ftp it’ll be within wp_contents -> themes -> flexform

The amount of hours on the otherhand might be an issue as lots of things could go wrong.

I’d suggest writing up a brief of what you want changed and sending it of to a few developers saying when you need it by and possibly your budget, most professional companies won’t just look at your budget as a way to get more money out of you, they’ll look at it to see if you’re serious about the work and understand the time and work needed to sort it

Thanks
    Ben

Bitedge

I gather there has been some developments in this in the last 2 years. Is it possible to make certain pages fluid/variable width so the content block and sidebars stretch across the screen be it 1200 px or 1400 px or whatever like this

http://fluid.designsbynickthegeek.com/

discussed here

Fluid a Genesis Child Theme

I gather it is possible on bootstrap with

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid-example-fluid

Thanks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Which pages do you want to full width? Please provide me specific page urls with issues.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Bitedge

Well this is one

http://www.bitedge.co/odds-comparison/italian-serie-a/

Note I am not talking about just selecting the “full width” option in the theme layout option. I am talking about the content and sidebar taking up the whole window with no margins.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid it’s not possible sorry. Flexform is built on bootstrap 2, which uses px for all of the column widths, unlike bootstrap 3 that uses percentages. Therefore if we set the container div to 100%, the columns would stay the same size.

If you want this functionality I would recommend upgrading to one of our newer themes that are built on bootstrap 3

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.