New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Main Menu Exceeded

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    mm9488

It seems I’ve exceeded the maximum number of items I can display in my menu. Presently I have 78 menu items, but I need a few more. What must I do in order to increase the maximum number of items in my Main Menu.

Also, when I attempt to add menu items, it wipes out the bottom menu selection, e.g., Main Menu, Mobile Menu, etc. I hope your fix will address this as well.

Thanks guys – I love your work (Cardinal and Atelier)

Mike

SmallDogCreative

We are experiencing the same issue, even after increasing max_input_vars to 5000. Is there something amiss in the latest version of Swift or an issue between Swift and WP 4.4.1?

mm9488

Yes, I had increased max_input_vars to 9000 – did not help

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You may need to contact your host to make these changes in PHP.INI file.

suhosin.post.max_vars = 3000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 3000

Thanks
    Mohammad

mm9488

My host provider is GoDaddy, and you know they will NEVER update global information such as contained in the php.ini file. As noted earlier, I already attempted a fix by adding max_input_vars to 9000 to the htacess file – no luck. I need a better option – this is critical!

mm9488

I added the following to my htacess file

<IfModule mod_php.c>
    php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 7000
    php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 7000
    </IfModule>

It allowed me to add one additional menu item, but it changed the menu item, e.g., I attempted to add a page, but it added it as a Custom Link w/o the link.

Open to suggestions????

SmallDogCreative

Mohammad,

Thanks! We had already done that however, our host (WP Engine) does not allow mods to php.ini. Instead we added this to our .htaccess (@mm9488 try this):

php_value max_input_vars 5000

Worked like a charm.

Steve

David Martin – Support

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting what you used, hopefully @mm9488 can use this also.

Cheers,
    David.

mm9488

I added the following to my htaccess file – it did NOT resolve this issue

<IfModule mod_php.c>
    php_value max_input_vars 5000
    </IfModule>

Is this the correct coding (sorry, this is not my area of expertise). If not, what is the exact code I should add to my htaccess file

mm9488

Whenever I attempt to add a new page, it effectively kills another page, plus it wipes out the Menu Settings at the bottom of the menu page. I’m unable to reset Menu Options on the main Menu page, rather, I must go to Menu Locations to restore Menu options. Sure would appreciate some help on this one!

mm9488

I’m changing the status of this open ticket to NOT RESOLVED. I could use some help on this open ticket. Please see previous post

mm9488

Swift Ideas. I’m sorry but I want to express my disappointment with the lack of tech support on this issue. The only help I received was from other folks, not you guys, and unfortunately, their ideas did not work for this website. I found a short-term solution by combining several categories into one “Other” category, which allowed me to delete enough pages to add the more important pages to the Main Navigation – but I don’t consider this a good/permanent fix. I respectively ask that you guys look at this issue and help me find a solution.

This website is on a managed WordPress platform with GoDaddy, so there are certain things they are willing to do, but a lot of things they can’t do. This website allows has a SSL certificate, which I suspect complicates this issue somewhat.

Can you put appropriate resources on this issue to help me find a fix – please?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Me and my colleague already suggested to change in php.ini and .htaccess file but you are not able to make these changes due to hosting server restriction. I would suggest to contact at hosting provider about this issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

mm9488

Mohammad – while I can’t modify the php.ini file, I have made the suggested change to the htaccess file – it just didn’t change anything. Is this the only known way of addressing this issue?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You cant make any server changes due to hosting restrictions. Only your hosting provider can make these changes to you.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.