New Landing How can we help? Atelier Mailchimp form code

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    districtsix

Hey, I want to use the newsletter bar form. I’m using Mailchimp. Where can I simply put in my API code for the Newsletter/Subscribe Bar Form Code (can’t find any code on Mailchimp)

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

When you create a campaign on mailchimp, you can create a form, then you can get the embed code for the form and paste it into Theme Options > Newsletter Options

– Kyle

districtsix

Sorry, no code options anywhere. Maybe it’s just for users who pay? Any other option?

Kyle – SUPPORT
    benthomas_19

Hey Kyle. Have tried the above, but end up losing the styling that comes with the template (that looks great).

I’ve tried embedding without CSS, but still looking a bit rough. Anyway of embedding the MailChimp into the subscribe bar and keep it looking like the original template styling?

Kyle – SUPPORT

If you can provide me with a login toy our mailchimp account, and login to your website I can set this up for you

– Kyle

pnitas

Hi guys, if you find a solution for integrate the mailchimp form without losing the Atelier style, please tell me; im really interested on it
    Regards!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is what we have in Theme options-> Newsletter/Subscribe Bar Options

<form action="//swiftideas.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=a3950048c69f7be72a27013a9&id=68a002176a" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" autocomplete="off" placeholder="Enter your email address" title="Enter your email address">

<div id="mce-responses" style="display: none;">
    		<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    		<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    	</div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
        <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_a3950048c69f7be72a27013a9_68a002176a" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>

<input type="submit" value="SUBSCRIBE" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe">

</form>

Hope it helps.

-Rui

Kyle – SUPPORT

You should be able to grab code from Mailchimp which looks like this:

<form action="//swiftideas.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=a3950048c69f7be72a27013a9&id=68a002176a" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" autocomplete="off" placeholder="Enter your email address" title="Enter your email address">

<div id="mce-responses" style="display: none;">
    		<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    		<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    	</div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
        <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_a3950048c69f7be72a27013a9_68a002176a" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>

<input type="submit" value="SUBSCRIBE" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe">

</form>

You paste that into Theme Options > Newsletter Options

– Kyle

Klarity

Hi Guys,

I used the Knowledge base http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/replicate-the-newsletter-bar-form/ here to help me setup – worked fine and worth checking if your still having issues with styling etc.

I have one question of my own. I wanted to find out if anyone knows how to disable the email opt-in screen which appears after you enter your email address and click the banner. I don’t want to take the user away from my site the minute they sign up and would prefer to keep them on the homepage.

Cheers,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @designward

As far as I’m aware unfortunately that isn’t possible as standard, because I think it’s required by Mailchimp for the subscription to be confirmed.

– Ed

Klarity
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

The behaviour of the form has nothing to do with the theme, all we do is style it. The settings for the form, whether it be single or double opt-in, will be controlled via mailchimp

– Kyle

Klarity

Hi,

I’m not sure if I’m pushing my luck here but I have just tried to use the mailchimp for WP plugin form – this links to mailchimp with an api and lets you make a simple form with an single opt in.

I have pasted the form code into the subscription bar but i have two issues:

1. Is the submit button has dropped below the email form field – the slick styling is lost.
    2. The submit button does not seem to be working within this banner?

If you can be of help with this it would be very much appreciated and i do think helpful to other users.

Best,

Kyle – SUPPORT

You should be able to create a single opt-in on the mailchimp site itself, you need to copy the ’embedded forms’ code, without any styling etc.

Using a plugin will likely encounter issues as you have described above

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register