New Landing How can we help? Atelier Mail chimp subscribe for sort of beginner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

hi Guys, i’ve read some of the threads around Mailchimp email subscribes and know that it works with this theme – what i dont know is if the Mailchimp popup works with this theme- from what I’ve seen by googling, it doesn’t work with wordpress unless you install a third party plugin or change a bunch of code.. so if that is incorrect I’d love to know.

as for the actual just embed code and subscribe (say, on the home page footer), i’m kind of lost on how to make it work. I have gone to Mailchimp and created a subscribe embed form, but not sure where to add that code? It has given me a URL not actual code. Do I put that in a footer text widget? other widget?

any and all help is appreciated.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

On your mailchimp account go to forms, and on the form you’ve created click embed form, and copy the code from the opening form tag to the closing form tag, make sure you’ don’t copy anything before or after.

It should look like this:

<form action="<< YOUR ACTION URL HERE >>" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" autocomplete="off" placeholder="Enter your email address" title="Enter your email address">

<div id="mce-responses" style="display: none;">
    		<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    		<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    	</div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
        <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_a3950048c69f7be72a27013a9_68a002176a" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>

<input type="submit" value="SUBSCRIBE" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe">

</form>

– Kyle

dm13

Kyle thanks.. pretty basic. unfortunately I’m having issues finding the code! I found the code for a blank generic form, but once I create my color tweaks, i cannot for the life of me find how to save the damn thing :p nor can I find a way to go back and find the code. I’ve created the form 4 times.. and each time it wont seem to save anywhere that I can find it again.. i have to keep starting over. I’ve googled this.. and nobody seems to have an issue finding the form once they’ve saved it to their mail chimp so its going to take me a while to figure it out. Once I do get the code, I’ll try this and let you know if you can mark it resolved. Whoever said technology was easy haha.

oh! also.. once i copy that code, where do i put it on my site?

Kyle – SUPPORT

If you want to use the newsletter bar at the bottom of the site then add it to Theme Options > Newsletter Bar

– Kyle

dm13

ah okay. back to the original question though.. is it possible to use the pop up form from mail chimp with this theme? and if so, where does that code get saved into?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’ve not had anyone use that, not sure if you need a plugin for that.

– Kyle

dm13

okay thanks. please mark this as resolved and i’ll play with it for a few days. if i cant figure it out i can come back with better info and more questions.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register