New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Logo/Header Height

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    ajt47

Hi there,

I’m having issues formatting my logo/header height. Specifically, anytime I make my logo height larger than 42, the header formatting gets very strange. It seems there’s a border applied to the top of the image of 20 pixels at all times. Underneath however, it seems the theme automatically adds height to my logo (and not in the form of a border)… i.e. I put in 80 and image height becomes 100. Or I put in 100, and it becomes 120. The thing is, the majority of this increase is not in the actual size of the image- the image grows a tiny bit, and the rest is mostly white space. So if I enter 80 as the image height, I get an image that is 60 with 40 pixels of white space underneath.

i’m also having great difficulty locating these setting within the css. what is (index):53? Also can i access the bootstrap css file or only style.css? i’m new to wordpress but have decent experience building sites in plain html/css/javascript/etc.

thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The logo height is what you set, but the header container is calculated based on what you set + 20px to cover the bottom spacing.

If you can provide a link to your site, I’ll happily check it out and provide some help with what you’re seeing is the issue!

This css is calculated and embedded in your site dynamically, based on the theme options.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

ajt47

Ed,

Thank you for your speedy response! I figured the header was just taking my logo height and adding 20px to cover the bottom, but it seems that when it does that it distorts the header spacing.

Here is a link to my site (I’ve just begun constructing it):
    http://www.goodfrienddocumentcenter.com/

Right now the logo looks centered but I would like the logo to be a bit bigger and to still maintain equal white spacing on the top and bottom. If you could help me do that, I’d appreciate it.

also, based on what you said about the CSS being embedded and calculated dynamically, I’m guessing I can’t change any of those settings i.e. I can’t make it not automatically add 20px to the bottom of the image?

thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

What browser are you viewing your site in? All looks ok here.

No you wouldn’t be able to do this, but you could override it with some custom css if that’s what you wanted to do? This would just involve manually specifying the height in some css.

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register