Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
    zush

From doing some testing it seems the below is causing the theme to be considerably slow on our server. Can you please let me know how to fix the below:

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.10.2
    /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1
    /wp-includes/js/comment-reply.min.js?ver=3.6.1

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
    /wp-content/plugins/captcha/css/style.css?ver=3.6.1
    /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/css/styles.css?ver=3.5.2
    /wp-content/plugins/yith-woocommerce-wishlist/assets/css/style.css?ver=3.6.1
    /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/assets/css/woocommerce.css?ver=3.6.1
    /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/css/bootstrap.min.css
    /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
    /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/css/font-awesome.min.css
    /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/style.css
    /wp-content/themes/neighborhood/css/responsive.css

Thank you in advance.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’m afraid we cannot help you with that, you’d need to hire a developer if you want to modify the theme further. Cheers

ksaba

These exact issues are causing a loading time problem for me as well. Will you guys really not fix it, or at least help us to fix it ourselves?

edendesigns

I would like to add that we are also having load time issues with this theme and not because of our image sizes (weight).

jtastic

same here. I wrote about this weeks ago and never got a proper solution. The moderator just closed my thread! We had (and still have) huge server wait times!

westcoastsurf

I get the same results, would love to know how to fix.

jtastic

As I have pointed out before I personally think this is a server-side problem not a client-side problem (css-minifying, image-size, etc.). If you look at the number of SQL-queries that is necessary for this theme to load a single site it is up to 10x as much as any other theme I have used before.

ashleyallenuk

Same here. We need a fix.

edendesigns

I started a thread on this and it hasn’t been acknowledged in a few days.

As I have pointed out before I personally think this is a server-side problem not a client-side problem (css-minifying, image-size, etc.). If you look at the number of SQL-queries that is necessary for this theme to load a single site it is up to 10x as much as any other theme I have used before.

By “client-side problem” do you mean because they made a clunky theme that we are buried in production costs with… we being the clients have a problem with it? – Then yes.

They need to optimize this theme stat.

jtastic

Nothing to do with „you“ being the client 🙂 Client-side usually describes that your users cannot load the page fast because of large images, too many scripts, etc. This is what the Swiftideas-Support staff usually wants you to believe so you have to take care of the problem yourself. Totally on your side that the theme is not optimized.

I ran it on an Ubuntu Apache Server with 512MB of RAM. The theme used so much RAM my server killed the MySQL database connection so my site was unreachable. This happened every day. I also bought their Flexform theme. Same problem. I upgraded to 1GB of RAM, so my site usually crashes when I have a lot of people surfing my site, not everday, but say once a week. ANNOYING! Please fix.

@edendesigns
    do you also have long „wait times“ in the browser? Meaning the time till the server sends any data at all to the user. Mine is sometimes around 5 secs. :/

edendesigns

LOL both I as the client and our clients are having problems. I think we can call that “client-side” too.

This is a bit absurd. They need to optimize this clunky theme.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

Apologies that this has only just reached my attention.

Can I please have some URLs of your sites, in private replies if you like, so that I can test this out.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the theme is clunky, as you will see our demo site is very quick, and the theme is optimised where possible. It’s not as if we haven’t thought about performance when developing it. Hopefully with a little bit of guidance your sites can be just as quick.

– Ed

edendesigns

Hi Ed thank you so much for your reply. I’m going to provide a link in a private reply.

edendesigns
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@edendesigns – seems that your site is waiting 3-4 seconds at the host, before the site even starts loading. Have you contacted them regarding the matter?

I’d highly recommend installing Better WordPress Minify, as this will reduce the load size, and we’ve tested it thoroughly. Also WP Super Cache.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register