New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme limiting which categories show in a blog item

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    piquezine

I only want certain categories to show within a blog item on the home page or on archive pages. In your example site you have only the subcategories showing, like: art, music, fashion, which are subcategories to art and design, entertainment, and lifestyle, respectively. Right now, any category my post is a part of is showing up. How can I do this?

piquezine

Or is it possible to replace those categories with tags?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

You can have the Blog page element exclude certain categories.

As it says when editing a blog element: “If you would like to exclude categories from the blog list, then enter the category IDs here with a “-” infront of them, seperated by a comma (no spaces or quotes). E.g. “-1,-7,-23″.”

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

piquezine

I’m sorry. There was a miscommunication.

In your sample site, each category has a color associated and if a post is in that category, a little colored box like: art, music, fashion, shows up in the blog post item. On your example site only art, music and fashion are showing up, even though those posts are also subcategories of art and design, entertainment, and lifestyle, respectively. I want to limit the categories (cat-item) that are showing up in my blog post item. Not in a blog element (like the carousel).

Cosmin – SUPPORT

The single post view will show the categories that the post is assigned to, it won’t show parent categories. It also doesn’t have any option to exclude any categories that it’s assigned to.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register