New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood latest update 1.3 question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    creatorofstuff

Hi. I recently purchased Neighborhood in part because you told me that all updates were done through the admin panel (the same way an update to a plugin or WordPress would be). I was frustrated that my last theme had to be manually updated. However, with this last update, it seemed that the only way to update it was manually, and indeed, the only way to even know there was an update was through an email notification. I’m disappointed about that, because I ASKED before I purchased!

Second, I did the update to 1.3 manually, and now I can’t tell if it included a child theme or not. Because I deleted 1.2 and now I get an error message regarding Neighborhood Child saying that “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “neighborhood” parent theme.”

Please help! I’m so confused.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

The “parent theme is missing” error might just be because the style.css of the Child theme still references to the old version. Did you rename the parent theme in its style.css file maybe? Or rename the parent theme name in the child theme’s css file?
    We would need your ftp details to check that out.

All the best

creatorofstuff

I fixed the child theme thing. But I am quite unhappy about being told (before I purchased Neighborhood) that you would have auto-updates for this theme and then after I bought it you now have to update manually. Here is a direct quote from Swiftideas’ response to my presale question. I am also including a screenshot of that page:

“Yes, we see auto-updates as being vital, and much easier for our customers to keep up to date.”

Huh? This feels like a bait and switch. Please explain.

Melanie – SUPPORT

The developer will get back to you shortly.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@creatorofstuff – Hi there. Apologies that you seem to have been experiencing an issue, however there is an Auto-Update script within the theme, and users have updated via this method to 1.3 nearly 1000 times, so it’s definitely there, and it definitely works.

You can update via Appearance > Themes, and Dashboard > Updates.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

First, I’m relieved to know you didn’t abandon that feature.

However, I’m baffled as to why it wasn’t available to me through the dashboard. I definitely do know how to do this, as I have updated plugins and WordPress many times. When I received the email announcement that the update was available, I went to exactly where you are telling me it should have been, and there was no update to be seen. Huh. If it happens again, I will let you know, now that I know you still intend for that feature to be functional.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register