New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Latest Posts 'Blog Page button' not creating/linking to category archive pages?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    markhoward1

I am using recent post elements extensively in this site, in most cases to display a handful of posts from a single category using e.g. the Bold type carousel over, say, 3 columns with 9 items.

However I cannot get the Blog Page button to link to an ‘archive’ page that displays the remaining posts from that chosen category.

I have tried creating a ‘real’page with those posts displaying in blog format. I have not selected a Blog Page in Theme options?Custom type options (as I undernsand the elenet overrisedes this) and I am not displaying a post page under Settings>Reading for the archive page.

I have tried various options under Theme Options>Archive/Category Options.

Can you help please?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

What you mean with “Blog Page button” can you take a screenshot of it so I can understand?

You can create a page called blog and place inside the blog asset, also choose it has blog page in the theme options not in the Settings-> Reading.

-Rui

markhoward1

Thanks for the prompt response, appreciated. In the ‘Edit Recent Posts’ element pop up, at the bottom is a toggl;e selector for ‘Blog Page Button’. This says: Select if you’d like to include a button in the title bar to link through to all blog posts. The page is set in Theme Options > Custom Post Type Options, unless you have selected a category above, in which case it will link to that category. I have a ctegory selected, and the element carousel works fine, but the button has no effect.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hey,

I cannot replicate this locally on my dev version.

Is this the page you are working on: http://devsite25.co.uk/index.php/home/hsg-blog/

Thanks,
    David.

markhoward1

No, once you are on a page, clicking the Blog Page button (which is labeled ‘View all articles’ in the front end) on any of the carousels does not navigate away from the page it is on. So, for example, on the home page http://devsite25.co.uk/, scroll down and try any of the buttons. They have no effect other than to refresh the page; they don’t link to an archive/category page.

Hope this now makes sense.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Hi markhoward1,

Check out now. Is that how you want?

markhoward1

No, I’m afraid not.

You had changed the category for that element to ‘All’ which does indeed ensure the ‘Blog Page Button’ links to the ‘Blog’ page. But I didn’t want to show all categories in that element, just ONE category eg latest news.

And I want other ‘recent posts’ carousel elements in other parts of the site to carry only content from other, different single categories.

I then need the ‘View all articles’ page buttons on each of these to deliver a category page that ONLY has posts from that category.

Hope this makes sense

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Have you resolved this? I am here and the buttons are working? : http://devsite25.co.uk/news-and-views/

Thanks.
    David.

markhoward1

Hi, I’m afraid I gave up trying to use the autogenerated buttons. Instead I manually created buttons for each individual element and link them to the category blog pages that I created.

So, the buttons you can see now were inserted manually in a new element positioned beneath the various ‘recent posts’ or ‘blog’ elements. I would have liked to use the autogenerated button bcause that would have appeared alongside the element title. Instead I have had to place them belowe the element content.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Ok, glad to hear, I am closing this ticket. Any more queries please open a new thread.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register