Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    ibrahimhernandez

Hello,

I just bought your lovely theme. I want to set up a store in SPANISH. I have wordpress in Spanish (I can change that) and woo commerce also in Spanish (I think).

Eventually I will like the site to be in english as well…

How can I make every thing in Spanish?

And the second question, would it be better to have it all in english and translate it all to spanish. Or leave it as I have it and translate ´neighbourhood´ to Spanish?

I just want to make sure, that for now every thing in the site, automatic emails etc, are in spanish. And that once I activate the ¨Show translation aux option¨ and put the english there it all goes to english…

Whats the best solution for this? And how do you edit the Show translation aux option?

Thanks in advance!
    Luis

ibrahimhernandez

Hi, I’ve seen that the mo and po files are already inside your language folders…

I guess thats good right?? 🙂 No idea how to make that active.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You have 2 options

1) Use a plugin like WPML (premium) which will make your visitors be able to select their language

or

2) Translate your site to Spanish using the .po & .mo file that comes with the theme. We’d recommend software such as POEdit for this. Alternatively, you could use the qTranslate WordPress plugin, and do this all through WordPress.

– Kyle

ibrahimhernandez

Thanks Kyle,

Ive seen that the es_ES.mo and po files are already in the neighbourhood languages folder. Is that already translated? if so how do I get the theme to use those files?

And when you give me the two options, does it mean that unless I do it with WPML (premium…) I can’t get the theme to have both languages?

How do I edit the ´Show translation aux option´? I don’t see any option in the backend to edit it.

thank you! And excuse me for being a bother! I want to make sure before I do it to get it right! 🙂

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to use software such as POEdit: https://poedit.net/wordpress You can upload the translated files to WordPress to translate the theme

If you want the site to be multilanguage, which is what the language aux option is for, then you need to use WPML

– Kyle

ibrahimhernandez

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your reply.

But I still don’t have an answer to:

– Ive seen that the es_ES.mo and po files are already in the neighbourhood languages folder. Is that already translated? (I’ve seen it is) So how do I get the theme to use those files?

– How do I edit the ´Show translation aux option´? I don’t see any option in the backend to edit it.

Thanks,
    Luis

Kyle – SUPPORT

Sorry I should of explained this before, yes the files are already tranlsated. To use them you need to follow this guide:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language#Single-Site_Installations

– Kyle

ibrahimhernandez

Hi Kile, Ive done that, but thats just to change the wordpress in to spanish, which I already had. What I want is wordpress to use the MO and PO files of Neighbourhood.

If thats what I needed to do, I’ve done it and it doesn’t work.

How can I fix it!?

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

If you’ve defined what language you want to use in wp-config.php then it should automatically use the corresponding language.

I will forward this to Laranz to check for you

– Kyle

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

– Ive seen that the es_ES.mo and po files are already in the neighbourhood languages folder. Is that already translated? (I’ve seen it is) So how do I get the theme to use those files?

> Change the languages in the wp-config.php then it will take the correct .po file inside the language folder in the themes. If that didn’t work, can you tell me what steps you made, along with the WP and FTP details, so that I can try what you did wrong.

– How do I edit the ´Show translation aux option´? I don’t see any option in the backend to edit it.

> You need to use the WPML plugin to add languages there.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

ibrahimhernandez

Hi Laranz,

thanks for the reply! In ftp I right clicked the file edited and saved. Heres is snap shot.

When I saw it wasn’t doing the trick and after investigating, i went to wordpress and in settings/Site Language I chose the es_ES option. But that put every thing (in wordpress back end) back in english. There I have three options English, Spanish and ´es_ES´ which I guess is the right one. But it doesn’t do the trick.

I originaly had worpress in english and later installed the spanish file as per worpress instructions. I don’t really mind the back end being in english. What we want to do is a shop in Spanish! 🙂 SO the front end and all its bits and pieces need to be in spanish. (ill get to the multilingual later…)

What can I do! I haven’t even started on the site as Im stuck with this for days now… Since I bought the theme.
    The page is atauriq.com
    Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    lucaci

I have the same questions. I´ve read all post on your support forum about languages and translations. Im kinda new to this but as i understand it, i need English and Swedish .po and .mo files which are both included in the theme with. So far so good.
    There for i don’t need to use Poedit to create those?

How do i set the site to use them/give the visitor the option to change language? When i activate the “Show translation aux option” i get the menu but the options in the menu doesnt work, looks only like a demo menu.

So do i need to make any other changes to make both swedish (default) and english available?

I´ve read somewere that i need to add define (‘WPLANG’, ‘en_US’); to the wpconfig file but that didn’t work either.

Sorry about the noob question but you got to learn somewhere 😉

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi Ibrahi,

WordPress takes the language in languages folders according to the language settings in wp-config, if you want to have different language in front-end and back-end means, use this solution http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/a/27065

Hi @lucaci,

For running multi-lingual sites, you need plugin like http://wpml.org.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

lucaci

Sorry for being unclear. I am using WPML but i still get the 404 when i change language.
    Were have i done wrong in the set up?

I refer to my question asked above again.

Thanks

ibrahimhernandez

hi Laranz,

this is never going to end…Im probably not explaining my self properly. But I’ve tried since december 14! 🙂 I just want the website in spanish. I don’t care how the backend looks.

I want wordpress to take YOUR es_ES file and use it. Ive tried what you said but it didn’t work.

http://www.atauriq.com/my-account/

What weird now is that Im getting some stuff in spanish, some in english. How do I know what is wordpress, what is neighbourhood and what is woo commerce?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register