New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint jQuery script not responding, carousel not functioning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    skicooper

Without making any changes to the carousel, the page that it is on, or the portfolios associated with it, it quit functioning properly today.  I had two carousels in 1/4 width containers, auto scrolling, displaying 1 image at a time.  Now they display multiple images, displace other content, and cause browser error messages about the jQuery script not responding (see screenshot).  When the page is open, it causes high CPU demand on my local machine (>25%), and I’ve noticed otherwise inexplicable CPU spikes on my web host.  Help would be appreciated.

http://www.patricktorsell.com/coop2

skicooper

This trouble seems to have resolved itself.  I’m still wondering what might have caused it.  Could it have been a failed/stopped service on the web server?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Indeed it looks good. No idea, since we haven’t experienced that – maybe you had a misbehaving plugin (in the theme or in the browser).

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

skicooper

It just happened again.  Not sure if you’ll be able to see it before it “resolves itself” again.

http://www.patricktorsell.com/coop2

I guess I’m just going to have to nix the carousel.  I can’t risk that sort of inexplicable failure when we go live.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Working well again.

As I said, disable plugins to test if one of theme is causing this issue – it may very well be a jQuery conflict from a poorly coded plugin.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register