New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Joyn Demo import still going after 14 hours

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    Feedsy

1. Importing the Joyn Demos was taking over 14 hours – so I stopped it.

Now…

2. When trying to open Pages in the dashboard I am getting this error message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /home/dbgshmco/public_html/tambou/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1977

3. When trying to open Posts the screen goes blank.

When I tried to import a demo via Joyn Demos (in dashboard sidebar) I did not see the 30 different presets to choose from all I saw was this (see attached).

What did I do wrong and how/should I delete my mistake?

Note: I have not created any content so can wipe the slate clean.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) Wow – that’s not right. Shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes. My guess would be that the host is killing the process, and WordPress is in a never-ending loop waiting for the server.

2) That’s odd – WordPress has run out of PHP memory to be able to continue running – which is why you are seeing the error. How many plugins have you installed? Try disabling a few and that should alleviate the issue. If you installed all the included plugins with the theme you may want to only use 1 of the slider plugins for example.

3) Likely related to the above issue.

The 30 demos is part of the Cardinal theme – not Joyn?

– Ed

Feedsy

Thanks. I will contact the host.

Also, your Joyn documentation says there are 30 demos to choose from:

Demo Content Import

“When you access the Joyn Demo Content Importer, you’ll be presented with the option of 30+ example sites to choose from.”

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hope they manage to sort it.

Thanks for pointing that out, our mistake there – the documentation was duplicated from Cardinal as they run off the same framework, but only Cardinal has the 30 demos.

Most of them will work with Joyn, if you’d like the importer plugin for Cardinal I can send it across to you.

– Ed

Feedsy

How do I uninstall all the Joyn demo content and start the Joyn demo content import again as we are still having the same out of memory message* when trying to edit Pages and the site does notopen (just he Swift spinning wheel).

My gut is saying that there could have been an issue because the Demo install was incomplete…

Note: our VPS host has done this: “increased your post_max_size to 50M and upload_max_filesize to 64M, also increase the memory limit to 128M in case it’s also needed”

* Error message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/dbgshmco/public_html/tambou/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1977

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @Feedsy

Is it ok that I take a look in the admin?
    Not sure what other plugins you may have but something can be consuming memory.

-Rui

Feedsy

Hey. A developer colleague helped me delete the wp-content and reinstall WordPress and the theme (start again) and then I did NOT re-import the demo content this time. And now it is all working OK.

Feedback/suggestions:

1. Warn users that you may need XX amount of memory etc to install theme and demo content.

2. If the import hangs then recommend and provide info on how to “reset” or “unistall/install” your theme and contents.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding 1, the memory depends on the software you have installed. Asked for admin credentials to check it but you didn’t provided it. There is no recommended memory it can work with a minimum of 64m

In web no process takes 14 hours to run the servers have timeouts and kill those process. You should ask for our help when you have any doubt we are to help.

Let us know if you have any additional issue.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register