New Landing How can we help? Atelier Issues with Recent Posts feature

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    technofleur

Hi,

Our website has a blog page called “Magazine” and all blog posts are categorised into either ‘Feature Articles’ or ‘Store News’. I am having issues with the recent posts features.

1) The home page displays one ‘Feature Article’ post and 4 ‘Store News’ posts using the Recent Posts element in Page Builder. The option for a blog page button has been enabled and a blog category specified. The ‘View All Articles’ buttons appear but when clicked – they just reload the home page – instead of going to /magazine/feature-articles/ or /magazine/store-news/

2) When viewing the blog, the recent posts widget in the footer (Footer column 2) does not display properly in certain situations, depending on how the site user got to the page. The first article shown is a number and when clicked you get a 404 error. To see this go to https://purenaturesbaby.com/motherandbabyproducts/category/feature-articles/
    This happens if you click from the blog sidebar on any of the blog category options or tag options. However, if you click one of the months listed under archives, the footer displays correctly. I suspect this may be to do with Breadcrumb or Permalink settings but I haven’t been able to solve the problem.

3) The Author is displayed for each recent post on the Home page as well as ‘Related Articles’ at the bottom of Post Detail pages, even though I have enabled ‘Single Author Blog’ and turned off ‘Default Include Author’ under the Theme settings. Please note I have ticked the check box to “show author info box on the detail page” under Post Meta for each post. The detail page is the only place I want author shown, as I also want the date shown.

Your help with the above 3 issues, would be most appreciated.
    Regards,
    Iris

David Martin – Support
    This reply has been marked as private.
    technofleur

Hi David,
    I checked the readme file in the zip and the version is 1.7 and it appears we have 1.66 installed. However when I check for updates, I get the “Plugin is up to date” response. Anyway, what is the process for doing a manual update? If I try to install the zip supplied I get an error so I assume I need to uninstall the plugin first and there does not appear to be an option to do that or even delete it.
    Regards,
    Iris

David Martin – Support

Hi Iris,

I believe our updater service is experiencing some downtime, we are changing this to avoid this in the future.

To manually update the plugin, please delete the old Swift Framework plugin. Then upload the new zip file.

Thanks.

technofleur

Hi David,
    Happy New Year! I hope you had a nice break. I have updated to latest WP, Woocommerce plugin and Atelier theme. Site should be all up-to-date but I am still have issues with the blog. Can you please read my original post and have a look into the problem? Feel free to login with credentials submitted with original post.

I appreciate your help.
    Thanks, Iris

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Sure – where is your blog page located now? https://purenaturesbaby.com/magazine is not correct for me.

Thanks.

technofleur

Hi Martin,

My apologies – I did not provide the full url. It should be https://purenaturesbaby.com/motherandbabyproducts/magazine/ though interestingly for me https://purenaturesbaby.com/magazine/ does redirect to https://purenaturesbaby.com/motherandbabyproducts/magazine/

Please refer to original post which discusses 3 issues with links to blog that I am trying to fix.
    I appreciate your help.

Iris

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Please disable and then delete the plugin Swift Framework 1.66. Please then upload this zip file with the latest 1.7+ version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1an2fpylsvniqc/swift-framework.zip?dl=0.

2) The footer post links are not showing 404 for me when viewin from here: https://purenaturesbaby.com/motherandbabyproducts/magazine/, is there a specific step to take?

3) This is possibly related to no.1

Thanks.

technofleur

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Further to your comments per issue with blog…

1) I followed your instructions and successfully installed Swift Framework 1.7+ version but it made no difference. The ‘View All Articles’ buttons on home page – still just reload the home page when clicked instead of going to /magazine/feature-articles/ or /magazine/store-news/ If you inspect element with developer tools there is no link for the a href.

2) The problem only appears when viewing a blog post and then you click on a tag in the right-hand-side sidebar. The relevant blog posts for the tag display correctly but when you scroll down to the footer, the widget for displaying recent posts goes strange in that some of the blog titles are numbers and if you click on one these – you get a 404 error. Please see attached PDF of screen shot – I have highlighted areas on screen with red circles. Also note, this issue was also occurring if you clicked on one of the blog categories (Feature Articles or Store News) in the sidebar but I have since fixed this by adding “Magazine” to the Category base field under Permalink Settings. I tried adding “tags” to Tag base under Permalink Settings but it has made no difference.

3) The issue of Author showing even though Single Author blog is enabled has not been fixed with update of Swift Framework.

Any other thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Iris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) If you edit the homepage, edit the Posts page builder asset and remove the category limit (Featured-Articles), the button should work. When you choose a category, the view all articles will link to the category page – however there seems to be a bug preventing this from happening. – I’ll report this back to the team for investigation and update.

2) I’ll need to run this past our lead developer for a second opinion. Does this happen with Twenty15 active?

3) Please test this custom CSS, this will remove it from the homepage:

span.author {
        display: none;
    }

Do you also want to remove this from the single post?

Thanks.

technofleur

Hi David,
    Thanks for your email.

1) Yes, I think it is a bug. I will remove the button in the meantime.

2) Ok, I would appreciate further investigation. I thought Twenty15 was an alternative theme that comes with WP install and therefore should not be active. Does the Atelier theme need it to be active?

3) I have implemented the custom css you suggested and added additional css to remove author from single post page and it solves the problem. However, I think there is a bug as I have enabled ‘Single Author Blog’ and turned off ‘Default Include Author’ under the Theme settings.

Regards and thanks,
    Iris

David Martin – Support

1) & 2) are confirmed bugs. I have reported this back to our lead developer for update.

3) Have you checked you are not overriding this in the single post Meta Options?

Thanks.

FruitbatDesign
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

@FruitbatDesign – please start a new thread so you can privately post your WP login details/URL.

Thanks.

technofleur

Hi David,
    Is there any timeframe for fixing the bugs – as per your support post on Feb 9?
    Thanks,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register