New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Installation Problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    gwhutton

I tried uploading the zip file that I downloaded from theme forest. It told me I was missing the style sheet.

So I read through the instructions and it said to upload it through ftp. I tried that but it was taking a long, long time.

So I tried their other solution, which was to zip the theme folder. I did that, uploaded the zipped file and now I get this error:

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I have no idea what this means.

Am I stuck sitting around waiting for it to upload via FTP? Is there an easier way.

gwhutton

OK, so I waited the thirty minutes or so it took to ftp it, and now it’s telling me that the theme is broken because the style sheet is missing.

What do I do now?

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

You are installing the whole package and not the theme files.

You can download the installable theme from ThemeForest and install that. Alternatively, please see this.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

gwhutton

Thanks, but I already tried that. I mentioned in my first message that I followed the instructions, unzipped the file, and then uploaded it via FTP as instructed in the link.

I DID NOT upload the ENTIRE PACKAGE as you’ve indicated. I did EXACTLY what it says in the link you posted. I ALREADY tried that BEFORE posting my INITIAL request for help.

I am still getting an error.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

If you’re receiving the missing stylesheet error, surely you’re not uploading the correct file.

The theme file should be in the Theme Files folder of your download, should be called flexform.zip and should have a size of aprox. 6.4 MB – you should install this theme through the WordPress interface, under Appearance/Themes/Add New.

Have you also tried downloading just the Installable WordPress Theme from ThemeForest? Example:

The second option in that dropdown will give you the file I just mentioned – please try and install that through the WordPress interface.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register