New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Installation of Google Analytics

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Red.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Red

Hi There,

I just put the analytics JS (with the script tags) into the Theme Editor tracking code box. Analytics detected it and I thought all was well. But when I went to add my site to Webmaster Tools, I couldn’t verify my site using Google Analytics — I got a message saying the code was “in the wrong place.” Instructions said to put it in the home page html, just before the </head> tag. I WAS able to verify my site via my web host, and Analytics is already reporting data…so do I need to do anything else? If so, where do I find the home page html?

Thanks for your help!

Red

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Red,

It will work as it is, that’s more of a recommendation since you used the Asynchronous tracking code, which is recommended to be placed as they say.

This type of code doesn’t affect page load as regular tracking codes, so it’s advised to be put there in the top of the document because it’ll start tracking slightly faster than regular code. If your site speed is fine, it won’t make a big difference, so you can leave it as it is.

If you really need to place it as they recommend, you can go to Appearance/Editor and edit the theme’s header.php file – that’s where you’ll find that head tag mentioned.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

Red

Thanks, Cosmin. Yes, it’s fine as it is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register