New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Increasing the image zoom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    guentherportfolio

Hi,

is it possible to increase the zoom window or factor if I slide over an image? If yes, what do I have to change? Thanks in advance.

Best
    Martin

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please provide me with a link and point out which image you are referring to

– Kyle

guentherportfolio

Hi Kyle,

thanks for your help. I actually meant the product images, especially on the product page. I activated the Zoom and if it is possible, I would increase that zoom factor or the window size of the zoom, to give the user the opportunity to have a detailed look on the product. Thanks in advance

https://nicebeardgraphics.com/produkt/nbg-sundown-dekor/

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We don’t currently have an included option for it, but will consider it in a future update. For now, edit /js/functions.js lines 673 – 675 from:

zoomObject.parent().zoom({
    	duration: 400
    });

to:

zoomObject.parent().zoom({
    	duration: 400,
    	magnify: 2
    });

Make sure you have the performance mode disabled in the theme options too.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

guentherportfolio

Thanks Ed. I will change this. “Magnify” is the zoom factor, so I could increase that number for a more deeper zoom?

Best
    Martin

guentherportfolio

Thank you for your help so far, Ed. I have tested it and figured out, that the zoom is affecting the quality of the image.

Therefore I have uploaded a high quality product image, to see if there is a difference between an 1000px and 2000px image (with zoom) – nothing changed – the quality is very low. Allover I guess the zoom is only zooming the whole screen, like I would hit CTRL and would scroll with my mouse into the screen.

Is there any way to keep the quality of the product image, especially if it is an 2000px image and zoom into the image to see the details? Actually you offer already a nice function with your “standard zoom” but it isn’t enough – the client can’t see the details of the product.

Thanks in advance for your help…

Best
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi Martin,

This what I see, have you tried a higher magnify value?

The image looks crisp for me?

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

thanks for your answer. You are right. This image is fine at the moment, but I have changed the code back to the standard one, without the magnify option. So at the moment, the zoom is the standard zoom from the theme. But if I now would include the magnify code, it would be blurry, even if it´s an 2000px image. Therefore I was thinking about, if there is a further option, which keeps the quality of the image but increases the zoom? Thanks in advance.

Best
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi Martin,

The actual images being output are 800×1067 regardless of the size uploaded.

If you remove the image size from the slider the zoom should work better. Test opening /woocommerce/single-product/product-image.php and locate the line: $image = aq_resize( $image_link, 800, NULL, true, false); change this to $image = aq_resize( $image_link, 2000, NULL, true, false);

Thanks.

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

I see. Thank you for the help. Does the change affect the hight of the images? Thanks in advance.

Best
    Martin

Kyle – SUPPORT

No, only the width and the height is automatic based on the width, so it won’t be distorted or cropped

– Kyle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.