New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Incorporating TypeKit

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    JMichaelBrowning

Yep, I’m one of the CloudFlare original 100, even got the t-shirt to prove it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Back to the drawing board on this one. I’ll do some more digging around and maybe I’ll get lucky and stumble across the issue.

Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Wow! To think how big it’s got now too, quite a trophy ๐Ÿ™‚

Only reason I asked was because I’ve tested before and seems their rocket.js delays some JS by a little bit?

We originally had cloudflare set up for our demo site – however on launch day they were attacked and that subsequently took us down for the first 2 hours of release :/

– Ed

JMichaelBrowning

Yep, yep, yep … That was it. It was a combination of Rocket Loader and Auto Minify. This will be a fun one to deal with when I go through and optimize the site. ๐Ÿ™‚

Site speed vs slight text flicker … I think speed might win out in the long run.

Thank you for your help in tracking down a solution for my problem. Also, thanks for this game-changer of a theme!

-Michael

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ahh, glad I could help.

To be honest, we actually found that CloudFlare was only marginally quicker, once we’d enabled a few performance options/caching etc.

One thought I just had on this, how about trying to add the cloudflare ignore attribute, like so:

<script type="text/javascript" data-cfasync="false" src="//use.typekit.net/ujr6tis.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" data-cfasync="false">try{Typekit.load();}catch(e){}</script>

– Ed

JMichaelBrowning

I’m kicking myself in the face right now for not thinking about CloudFlare‘s ignore attributes. I’d read about them in the past and had never had a need to use them.

But alas, no dice. I added the attribute and reenabled Rocket Loader, but the entire TypeKit javascript gets ignored and reverts back to the default font.

It’s got to be a Rocket Loader issue, though. I’ve enabled CF’s JS minification and it recognizes the ignore attribute and everything seems to work perfectly.

I’ve always had a love/hate relation ship with Rocket Loader, as it seems to cause more problems than not. But when it works …

Anyways, I think I’m a one-off case with this and most should be able to follow your guide above to TypeKit heaven!

Stay awesome and again, thanks!

-Michael

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

RocketLoader does seem to be a little bit flaky in places – but it is still in beta. Hopefully that’s something they are aware of and will fix before it’s fully functional.

Thanks – happy to help ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register