New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood impact text and button – font / font color wrong

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    creatorofstuff

I am using an Alt 2 background with impact text and button – no sidebars – and although I have selected “paragraph”, the font shown is not my theme <p> font, which I want. Also, in the preview, it shows a white font, which is what I want, but the font ends up being black when I view the page.

Screenshots attached, including one that shows both the incorrect font and the correct one from a paragraph above it.

Thank you!

link to page: http://sassypantsdesign.com/returns-cancellations/

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, did you try the forum search prior to posting?
    Try if any of these threads help: http://support.swiftideas.net/search/?q=alt+text+color

creatorofstuff

Absolutely. I always search prior to posting. None of those helped, unless I am not understanding them correctly.

I believe that what I am describing to you is a bug in the theme, because of the fact that the preview shows one thing but what I get is another. The preview shows what is set in the theme settings for the text color on the alt2 background.

Can you please look again at my initial post, along with the screenshots one more time? I really appreciate it.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I would like to check your backend out directly, can you let me know your wp-admin login details in a private reply? Thanks!

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

What color you choose in “Impact Txt Color” in Theme Customizer? If there is black, then change it to white, that color in the theme customizer overrides this color you choose for alt-2,

I will also report this to the developer.

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

creatorofstuff

Ok, now I see what is going on. I had not changed the default black for the Impact Text Color. Once I changed it, it worked!

However, I do believe this is confusing because when you add the “Impact text and button” element to your page, it is – by default – set to “styles” (which to me implies that no style has yet been set) and “paragraph” (which implies to me that it should match the paragraph style you have set for your theme). Otherwise, I would expect that the “style” would be set to “impact”, which would be a clue to me that there is something else I need to change.

Does that make sense?

Now that I understand this, I’m not saying the theme is wrong at all, but possibly the instructions or documentation should be more clear for this one page element. It’s a great theme, by the way.

Anyway, I really appreciate you clearing this up! Thank you!

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You are right, I already forward this to the developer, he will edit it accordingly 🙂

Thanks for being kind 🙂

Thanks,
    laranz.

llatulippe

i’m having the same problem- Not sure if i understand commpletely the conclusions above.
    Is there a way that the alt font colors specified in Theme options > Asset Background Options will have priority over the color specified in Theme Customizer > “Impact Txt Color” ?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Instead of using the impact text style, just use:

<h1>Text</h1>

– Ed

llatulippe

Fantastic. Thanks!

saturnerond

Hi there,

An additional tip. In order to make icons get the Alt. font color, you need to use both h tags as Ed suggested above AND the usual Font Awesome <i></i> text format (do not use the icon shortcode).

PS : I didn’t check that further but apparently, in a boxed content element, using h tags would on the contrary make the custom font color revert to default. That would make the custom font color usable for paragraph text only.

Cheers,
    Ammie

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input.
    -Rui

dsc3333

Hi,
    Im having a similar issue here.
    Im using “Edit Impact Text + Butoon” and want to have the text wrapped in <p> (paragraph) tags. No matter what I do the font always ends up to the default header font. Even though there is an option to set it as paragraph. 🙁

Is there a fix to set the text to default paragraph font like i can do with all other text boxes?

thanks!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue? And also url to that page?
    Thanks

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register