New Landing How can we help? Atelier images sizes being cropped

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    NikkiSt

Hi guys

is there any where in the theme where images are being cropped to 220x150px?

We have connected our store to mailchimp and when we pull through products to our newsletter, all the images are being cropped to 220×150 from somewhere on the site and the result is pixelating images. I gave adjusted the thumbnail sizes in woocommerce settings, products >> display and regenerated thumbnails with no effect, images are still being cropped somewhere to 220×150 so wanted to find out if this is from the theme or whether it is a woocommerce setting?

Thanks

AhmednHussein

I have the same issue after Woocommerce update 3.04 and recent theme update

http://www.imediastores.com/product/sony-playstation-4-console-1tb/
    The image prevent us from scrolling and product galary crop and not clear

David Martin – Support

@NikkiSt the plugin will be setting the image size to get. Please contact the plugin authors or consult their docs. The only WooCommerce image sizes the theme uses are here: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display.

@AhmednHussein
    – Please start a new thread and privately post your WP login details. This is not related.

NikkiSt

Hi David

So after lots of back and forth between the plugin authors and woocommerce it turns out the issue is coming from the theme. Please see below from theme’s functions.php file. Please can you advise how I can override the thumbnail size as that seems to be what is cropping my images into the mailchimp plugin, see the distorted image here http://mailchi.mp/nativeinteriors/winter-trends?e=d6b72c62f1 .

/* THUMBNAIL SIZES
    ================================================== */
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 220, 150, true);
    add_image_size( ‘widget-image’, 94, 70, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-square’, 250, 250, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image’, 600, 450, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image-twocol’, 900, 675, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image-onecol’, 1800, 1200, true);
    add_image_size( ‘blog-image’, 1280, 9999);
    add_image_size( ‘gallery-image’, 1000, 9999);
    add_image_size( ‘large-square’, 1200, 1200, true);
    add_image_size( ‘full-width-image-gallery’, 1280, 720, true);

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Did they ask you what thumb size they are requesting? I’d guess they would be using the default WordPress sizing of small/medium/large/fullsize and not our own custom sizes as above?

You can change those in Dashboard => Settings => Media.

You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

NikkiSt

Hi David

I am guessing they are requesting the theme sizes as I have tried altering the woocommerce sizes and regenerated thumbnails and it has no effect on the image size in the plugin.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

The theme sizes are specific to this one theme, the plugin would not grab theme specific images.

Once you have changed the image sizes and rebuilt them, old newsletter images will not update. You’d likely need to trigger a new newsletter to grab the image sizes.

NikkiSt
    David Martin – Support

Please install and activate the supplied child theme, inside the child theme functions.php file paste this and change the image dimensions.

You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.

I’d also say it’s unlikely old newsletter image sizes will update. This will depend on how MC get’s the data.

/* THEME SETUP
    if (!function_exists('sf_child_atelier_setup')) {
      function sf_child_atelier_setup() {

/* THUMBNAIL SIZES
        set_post_thumbnail_size( 220, 150, true);

}
      add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'sf_child_atelier_setup' );
    }
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register