New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Images disappearing or spaces widening with sidebars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    JTFF

Hi Ed,

My gallery images are disappearing when you have a gallery and sidebars. When you view it on a mobile or minimized, the gallery images disappear with two sidebars. With one sidebar and a gallery, the spaces between the gallery items are greatly enlarged when you maximize the page. When you refresh the page it returns to normal.

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

This may be because of the responsive version, which is not meant to work with resizing your browser window. Does it do that when you visit it directly from your smartphone? A link to it would help.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

JTFF

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  So, it seems like there are a bunch of things going on.  After messing around with it for a while, it seems that it has nothing to do with the sidebars.  The gallery does weird things with the sidebars when there’s nothing in the sidebars.  However, the gallery (without any sidebars), either in landscape mode on a mobile or on a PC, Laptop etc. (minimized and then maximized), develops larger spaces between the images.  When you reload the page it goes back to normal.  It doesn’t look very professional is my only concern.  The sidebars have an issue of their own, which I will take up in another ticket.  Any suggestions on how to keep this from developing the spaces?  If you want to take a look at my homepage, you can see what I mean (http://toflyfish.com/wordpress/).

Thanks!

JTFF

Also, it does the exact same thing on the demo page.

Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:”Times New Roman”;
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

http://themes.swiftpsd.com/flexform/portfolio-one-column-standard-style/portfolio-three-column-gallery-style/
    Thanks

JTFF

Sorry, I don’t know why it posted that stuff with the link.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay, this topic must have been missed accidentally.

I don’t think I can see the issue you’re referring to on our demo, and it looks like you have responsiveness disabled on your site.

What browser are you using?

– Ed

JTFF

Hi Ed,

On the link I included from your website, it does it with at least Mozilla and Chrome.  Interestingly, the spaces are larger with Mozilla but are still much larger than the original in Chrome.  Basically, when you minimize the gallery and then maximize again, the spaces in between the images are bigger.  When you refresh, it goes back to normal.

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm, not seeing that here.

There are a few plugins which run to get it responsive, and keep them in a grid. It’s likely that as you’re resizing, one of them isn’t firing as you stop (it’s limited to save performance).

This isn’t something that we’d really regard as too much of an issue, as it’s not a standard use case to resize the browser often. Reducing the limit on the resize functions would mean less performance globally, which wouldn’t be worth it.

– Ed

JTFF

That’s interesting that it’s not showing up.  I’ve asked various friends and acquaintances to check it out, and they’re seeing the same thing I am.  It’s of course up to you whether you change anything, but from my end, I basically won’t be using the responsive feature for this and the other issue I brought up with the video and sidebars.  Maybe I’m just picky with these kind of things, or others are doing stuff with code.   Anyway, thanks for the help.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can I ask why you’d choose not to use the responsive feature? The main reason for the responsiveness is so that it works on any device, rather than you scaling it on your computer.

The only guess I have as to why you’re seeing the things you’re seeing is maybe your browser versions..

– Ed

JTFF

Hi Ed,

Unlike with the lightbox issue I told you about, which is only happening on my devices (as far as I can tell), the line expansion between gallery photos is happening on computers from multiple states in the US here and with every browser (Mozilla, Chrome, Safari).  It’s a little too distracting and looks too much like a bug for me to use it even though the only time you would see it is if you minimize and then maximize your screen on a PC.  When I see stuff like this on other websites (and thus my own in this case), I personally have less confidence in the company/organization.  For example if my bank had this “bug”, it wouldn’t sit as nice, while knowing they have my money; since in my psyche, it’s an attention (or lack thereof) to detail.  It’s extreme, I know, but I’m sure I’m not the only person on the planet that feels like this.  If there were some way of making the responsive mode function only when someone accesses the website via a mobile, that would be the best solution from my part.  Aesthetically, as well, I prefer the non-responsive feature for minimizing on a PC since you can use the scroll button and you can see more of the screen/site layout.

Thanks again for your help

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’ll see if there’s anything I can do for this in v1.3

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just got this fixed, without an effect on performance. Will add this in to the v1.3 update.

– Ed

JTFF

Wonderful!  I really appreciate your efforts, Ed.

Thanks so much

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You’re welcome 🙂

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register