New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Images – Best Practice in Image Placement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    jaroljmek

Hi there

Just a quick general question on images. I’m doing a site in which I want to place images in a number of locations and in various sizes/aspects.

Do you recommend placing images using your shortcodes or using the WP default images placement? Put another way, can I set the dimensions of images in your short code? And if using columns for example, do you have a reference of recommended sizes per column or will the theme resize images automatically to the column size.

I find that images are the most time consuming element in WP – each theme treats images in a different way. Wondered what best practice is for Flexform before I start.

For example, let’s say I’ve got a full width slider but want to place two images below with text, half page each, or in two columns. What’s the best way to treat the images, using WP or Flexform?

Many thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Using our Page Builder with columns and image shortcodes will make sure that you get the best possible outcome in relation to the theme design and layout – they will show up as designed them to, as they are in the demo. So columns and image elements are the best way to go with Flexform, images will adapt to the column widths.

You can also add text elements and insert images directly in them, via native WP functionality – it’s just that some features, like the ones the single image element has, won’t be available.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jaroljmek

Hi

Thanks for the great feedback regarding image placement.

I’m having difficulty downloading your demo content (server issues I guess) but in fact what would be brilliant is if you could email me the page html code for a couple of sample pages that feature images.

Specifically, Portfolio > Page Builder Portfolio Item 1 & 2 would be really useful as there are some sections I would love to copy.

I’m [email protected] if that’s at all possible.

Thanks!!

gcampton

What I did, so that I didn’t have heaps of imported content on my live website but also if I needed reference. Takes about 1 hour in total.

Installed Xampp which is basically an Apache server for Windows, create mysql server, install wordpress in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress, change the config.php, extract flexform to the theme folder and then import everything. It’s really fast importing stuff and generally works as it’s just a local hard-drive to hard-drive import.

That way I was able to play around and break things and it didn’t matter.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey,

I don’t have the demo content imported in my playground setup – did everything by myself with time, as questions arose on the forums and I was testing.

But if the import is failing, try to do it again, without checking the box for downloading media attachments – many times, that fails in WordPress.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register