New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Image loading issues

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

I was able to see it once, but not anymore.

Does it happen on any other sites? Trying to narrow down the possible cause..

– Ed

evolve

Hi Ed, thanks again for getting back to me, apologies i was on annual leave.
    I have been testing this again this morning and it is still appearing on the site and on your demo – both in the News widget on the homepage. It is not happening on any other sites I have tested.
    Still can’t find a solution this end.
    Thanks
    Mick

evolve

Hi Ed, just want to give you a heads up on this issue. I finally got a developer to have a look at it and he found a solution:

I thought somehow IE10 stopped/failed to load the images in the carousel, so I tried adding these lines in the footer, in a hidden div, hoping they could force IE10 to load those images again.

Now we are sure it’s working, I have a new idea to fix the issue in a better way, let me try it. If the new idea doesn’t work, I will make changes to apply the current fix more properly. It’s lame, but at least it works and I think it’s the most important.

So from here he said he done the following:

I found that the bug related to the “imagesLoaded” script (it’s a part of isotope http://omr.evolvedesign.ie/wp-content/themes/flexform/js/jquery.isotope.min.js), somehow it prevented IE10 from loading the images. In the original theme, the carousel initialized on “imagesLoaded” event. To fix the bug in IE10, I made the carousel to initialize on window’s load event (jQuery(window).load) instead of “imagesLoaded”. The file I modified is http://omr.evolvedesign.ie/wp-content/themes/flexform/js/functions.js

The change I made was only for IE10 (it doesn’t affect other browsers). It’s not a perfect solution but at least it is enough for the client to approve this site. The perfect solution would be fixing the “imagesLoaded” script so that it becomes bug-free in IE10.

It was crazy bug. Sometimes it worked fine for 10-20 consecutive refreshes and yout would think it was fixed or at least you’d narrowed down the possibilities but then one more refresh and the images were broken again.

So we got it working and the client finally signed off. Thanks for looking into it, I have that this helps you remedy the issue within the theme.

Thanks
    Mick

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

Thanks for letting us know. Seems very annoying to have to have a workaround for a browser, rather than them fix the issue at their end.

Good reference for any future cases.

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register