New Landing How can we help? Atelier Image banner full size resolution

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    contemascetti

Hi,

I’d like to make a full width image banner with image size at full quality, but the image source used always ends up being ‘large’ at max 1024px wide even if I select ‘full’ in the asset option with a big 1920px wide image.

The issue is the same as in this Cardinal forum thread:
    http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/image-banner-in-full-size-row-cuts-down-resolution/

Is there a way to fix this without editing the theme files?

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

What’s the size of the image you uploaded to use in the image banner?
    Can you provide us an example?

maybe we will need admin credentials to check your images.

-Rui

contemascetti

Hi,

as I wrote my image is 1920px wide and gets resized to 1024px (large) while it should be full size as specified in the asset options.

Basically the ‘Full’ size setting does not seem to have any effect in the image banner options.

It looks like it is a shared issue as there are a few posts about this in the forum.

Please check the link my previous post see examples.

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Those options you only affect the quality of the image and not it’s size.
    Can you provide the link to the banner image page and also admin credentials?

Thanks

-Rui

contemascetti

Hi,

as also reported in this post on April 27th

http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/image-banner-in-full-size-row-cuts-down-resolution/

the quality/resolution (NOT frontend size) of the source image is cut down to max 1024px width instead of being full quality/resolution as it should be (checked in the source code with chrome inspector).
    I guess the image should be sourced from the full size original picture and not the reduced ‘large’ 1024px one.

In the linked post Kyle offered a temporary solution by manually editing the Swift Framework plugin files, which unfortunately is not very convenient.

$img_object = wp_get_attachment_image_src( $image, 'full' );

For the moment I gave up on this and used a regular image asset, which works fine at full quality source with the same options.

If you could forward this to the development team for a quick check it would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will need first to check it in your admin if I find something else, if not don’t worry that will forward to development team or provide you the solution myself.

-Rui

contemascetti

Hi,

unfortunately I’m working on a local host at the moment so cannot share links or admins.
    But I tested this on a clean atelier setup so I doubt it has anything to do with my installation, as also other users noted the same issue.

If you could try to use the image banner on your setup with a big 1500-2000px image and then check the source code inspector I’m sure you will see it gets resized and is not the original full picture.

By the way I just noticed that the issue does not affect the image banner SHORTCODE: if you use that in a text-box the source image is in full quality and not resized, so it may just be a problem with the options in the Page Builder Image Banner asset.

Thanks anyway

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Will check it in my local.
    Will let you know.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It makes sense for full to use the full image size – I’ll change that for the next plugin update.

Thanks,

– Ed

contemascetti

Glad it’s sorted.

Thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks Ed.
    -Rui

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register