New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Image Alt Tags In Product Pages Vs Product Listings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    alexwright

Thanks again for your awesome support. I’m setting up image names with corresponding alt text for SEO and everything is looking great on product listing pages but on the product display pages, the alt text shows (as far as I can tell) as the image name minus the extension rather than the alt text specified in WordPress media manager.

Is this a WooCommerce function or an element of the Uplift theme?

Is there a reason you’re not pulling the specified alt text for images on the main product display page?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks!

-Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tested on mine and it works fine, maybe some plugin is causing this. Can you disable all plugins except SwiftFramework and Woocommerce and test again?

-Rui

alexwright

Hi Rui-

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Turned off all plugins except WooCommerce and SwiftFramework and the issue persists.

See http://smartchargeam.staging.wpengine.com/ev-charger/commercial/chargepoint-ct4011/

The main image there has the alt tag alt=”ChargePoint-CT4011-electric-car-charging-station-EVSE-1″ which is the file name minus the .jpg extension

However, the correct alt tag, as shown on the product listing page http://smartchargeam.staging.wpengine.com/ev-chargers/ is alt=”ChargePoint CT4011 electric car charging station EVSE – close-up view”

Feel free to log into the Staging server.

Thanks,

-Alex

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you add your FTP details, I’d like to take a closer look.

alexwright
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Great, can you re-test the page now: http://smartchargeam.staging.wpengine.com/ev-charger/commercial/chargepoint-ct4011/

The function sf_uplift_single_product_image_html() located in /uplift/includes/overrides/sf-woocommerce-overrides.php I amended this:

'alt' => $image_title,

To:

'alt' => $image_alt,

alexwright

You all are truly awesome – works perfectly. Thanks!

I’ll pull this file down to my local install so I don’t overwrite it later. Are you going to be making this change in a future theme update, or should I consider this a very nice custom personal favor and write a filter for it or otherwise keep it as a custom edit?

Feel free to mark this ticket as resolved.

-Alex

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Great. Thanks David.
    Yes we will, I just forward it to the dev team so the code can be updated.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.