• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by dbernat.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    hmtrainer

Hello,

I know the theme is supposed to be compatible with IE8, but our page never finishes loading/doesn’t appear properly when viewed through that browser.  The menus don’t load and the message I see at the bottom appears to be related to font-awesome.

http://www.hudsonmann.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Unfortunately we can’t support old versions of IE, many modern webdesign techniques will simply not work in it.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

hmtrainer

The theme is advertised as IE8 compatible on themeforest.net, so I would at least expect that to be supported.  See attachment.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

“Compatible with” an old browser does not mean all the eye-candy can work in it. That’s where stuff like Font Awesome goes.

The menus should work though, how are you testing with IE8? Is it the browser that came with your Windows, or are you using Browser Mode in IE9 or 10? Or maybe through an IE emulator?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Also, check if your IE is set to be in Compatibility View or if it’s running in Quirks Mode.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

hmtrainer

Hi again,

We are testing it in a native XP environment with IE8 installed to the OS.  Not using any emulators.  Have tested it on multiple machines all with the same results.  Issues are present in both compatibility and regular modes.

Menus are not working.  Certainly not the drop-down menus.  At this point I’m not overly concerned that all of the font awesome-ness isnt working.  What I am extremely concerned with is that the pages can’t load fully and navigation around the site is rendered basically impossible (also true with incoming links from google – page can’t load fully and is never displayed).

What can we do to get this theme working compatibly with IE8? I realize the site might not look as beautiful in IE8, but it needs to work with it (or you need to change your advertising).

Also, as a test I went to the Flexform demo page on a couple of XP/IE8 setups and it also loaded inconsistently and froze the browser.

Otherwise, I LOVE the theme but there are still a lot of companies tied to XP and IE8 and an incompatible theme will just send those prospects away.  Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

The theme has been tested and reviewed so that the basic functionality works in IE8, otherwise we wouldn’t be approved on ThemeForest. I’ve re-cheked my own install and your site on IE8 and menus drop down perfectly fine.

I see you’ve pasted text from Word into the Flexslider and there is a lot of gibberish in the source code. Please undo that and, if you have the text in Word, paste it in Notepad first, make sure no tags are added, then add it in WordPress.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

hmtrainer

Could you:

1) define “basic functionality”

2) thanks for the catch on the flexslider.  I’ve deleted that.  I usually do copy to Notepad first but obviously missed that one.

3) provide any details on your IE8 install/OS so we might be able to identify what might be causing the site to break for other users

Thanks!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

1) Most features, excluding modern techniques that a browser like IE8 doesn’t support (ex. CSS3, HTML5, some Javascript). Menus should definitely work, that’s clear.

2) 🙂

3) Tried with IE8/Vista and IE8 mode in Win7.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

dbernat

Hi Cosmin, I am experiencing the same issue as hmtrainer, the web is not rendering in IE8 / winXP and is not acceptable that you marquee this theme as IE8 compatible but when try to load your own demo page it frozen the IE. Test on IE8/winXP and see what we are talking about.

I think would be an issue with javascript generating canvas/animation elements, because this works slooooooow.

We dont need all the eye-candy functionalities working, but the main content of the web need to be displayed and the user must be do a scroll down on the page. Actually the page is not loading and the scroll action is not possible.

what can we do?
    thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register