New Landing How can we help? Cardinal HTTP error when uploading images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    comlor

Hi I just updated my site theme last night and tried to add photos to my gallery “AdBills Design Portfolio”. When I go to upload I get an HTTP error message in red and it won’t allow me to upload files. I tried to upload one file from the media uploader and got the same error so it won’t allow me to upload any images in WordPress. I went through and disabled the plugins 1 by 1 to see if one of them was the issue and that did not resolve it. The only thing I changed was updating the theme so this is the first I’ve had this issue. Could you login and see what is happening and let me know what I need to do to resolve the issue? I went through some online help tutorial on WordPress and changed the wp-uploads folder permission to 777 and that didn’t work either. Let me know what you find out and thanks for your help. Also, the site is not published I have it in maintenance mode so you won’t see site until you login.

Chris Omlor

Kyle – SUPPORT

Can you switch to Twenty Fourteen and see if the issue remains?

– Kyle

comlor

Hi Kyle, it must have been an issue with my server. I contacted the host and they fixed that yesterday so all is well. Must not be a theme issue but if anyone else has that happen it did something as soon as I updated the theme so they should contact their host and have them look into it.

Thanks,

Chris

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that your issue resolved.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

pimientofrito

HTTP error also comes when you try to upload a big file. Try to work with lowres pictures 🙂

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for the input.
    -Rui

johnsq1

I’m also getting the same issue when uploading images (photos) its really selective i have been able to upload images as big as 5mb but sometimes even one that is 3.5mb will not upload.

i talked to godaddy and they assured me it was a wordpress theme issue.

can anyone help?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please activate wordpress default theme and try to upload images to check theme sppecific issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

taschaper

I have the same problem uploading images over about 20kb. I have updated the theme, Worpdress and all the plugins. I have tried uploading images with the plug-ins deactivated but this did not work. However if I deactivate the Cardinal theme and use the default 2014 theme image uploads are successful. Also Godaddy has assured me that it is a problem with the site and not the server.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

@taschaper
    – What is your server error log? Please attach here. Its problem with memory so upgrade the wordpress PHP memory. Your host can increase the PHP memory easily.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

taschaper

Thanks. If it’s a memory problem why doesn’t it affect the default 2014 theme?

======

taschaper

The previous attachments didn’t work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    @taschaper- Please contact to hosting provider with this error log. They will solve it easily because its server related issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

taschaper

My hosting providers only solution was to disable the htacess file. This only works temporarily but once a new file is uploaded I am again no longer to upload images. Do you have any tangible suggestions I can bring to my hosting provider? Thanks!

David Martin – Support

@taschaper – can you add a WP login so we can check this? Please start a new thread so you can do so privately.

– David.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register