New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood How to set Featured Products, or Best Sellers?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    catseye

I’m just not sure where to go abouts doing this on page builder. What determines what products show up on these fields? Latest products are obviously the most recently published.

Would it be a property on the product itself? A tag? A category?

Please help.

Cheers.

Melanie – SUPPORT

If you add the products (mini) element from the page builder, you can choose from several asset types. Cheers!

catseye

I understand that I can choose from these asset types but that doesn’t answer my question.

I need to know where to control these asset types, where they can be found and how to manipulate them, or how to assign products to these assets and vice versa.

catseye

Still need help with this.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi

We aim to respond to all posts within 48 hours (Monday-Friday), but in most cases we usually manage to reply less than 24 hours. We work on the oldest topic first, so adding a new comment will take you to the back of the queue. We do also try our best to reply on weekends if we have time.

Please be patient, we appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not sure what you mean by “manipulating” them, as most of the assets are clearly not influencable by the site admin.

– latest products are added automatically – you can only influence that by changing the publish date
    – featured products can be set via the meta fields – you can influence that
    – top rated products are influenced by the product ratings – you cannot influence that
    – recently viewed products are the products the user recently viewed within their browser – you cannot influence that
    – sale products can be added by adding a sale price to a product – you can influence that

Cheers

indexD
    This reply has been marked as private.
    catseye

Right, so what do I put in the meta field to deem a product as Featured? I’m really not sure why these things aren’t included in the documentation.

Brookebot

@catseye – I feel your pain. I don’t understand why it isn’t in the documentation ๐Ÿ™ I figured it out though and wanted to share to help you out. (See image attached.) In the publish box on the right hand side of the screen while editing the product there is a tiny link labeled “edit” – it is displayed directly below where it says “Catalog visibility:” & directly above the publish or update button. Check that box and click update to save.

Brookebot

@catseye – Also, you can actually control the order in which the latest products display without having to change the publish date! There is this super awesome plugin I use all the time called Post Types Order <—–this link takes you to the WordPress plugin repository for the free download. What this plugin does is allows drag and drop capability to re-order blog posts, portfolio posts, product posts & any other custom post type you may have! When installed if you hover over the WordPress admin lefthand menu (for example – hover over portfolio) you will see “Re-order” appear at the bottom of the posts options menu. Click there to open the drag and drop re-order screen.

Brookebot

One more way to make the product a featured product! See attached image – On the products panel (where your lists of all products are) there is a star on each line for each product. Click to make solid to feature image – click again to reverse the solid star & product will not be a featured product.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks Brooke! ๐Ÿ™‚

catseye

Brilliant. Thank you so much.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register