New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood How to get rid of extra vertical space in Header since update?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    flobaby

I try not to get help unless I absolutely can’t do it myself, and after spending more than an hour with Firebug trying to pin down where the extra vertical space is coming from, I need your help.

I want the header height to be as slim as possible. Please advise.

snarfe

we too are having problems with the header since the last theme update over in this thread: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/spacing-options-in-header-after-update-2-0-disappeared/

flobaby

Ah, thanks Snarfe, I should have posted in there. Oh well. 🙂

flobaby

Got it close but still lacking. This works in my phone but I can’t make the margin-bottom as negative as I’d like or the logo hangs below the header in phone view. Just a note: these don’t work when added to my child CSS, only via the General Options in the Theme dialogue.

#header-section.header-4 #logo > a.logo-link, #header-section.header-5 #logo > a.logo-link {
    height: auto;
    }

#header-section.header-4 {
    margin-top: -10px;
    margin-bottom: -20px;
    z-index: auto;
    }

flobaby

Figured it out, final combo was this:

#header-section.header-4 #logo > a.logo-link, #header-section.header-5 #logo > a.logo-link {
    }
    #header-section.header-4 {
    margin-top: -15px;
    }

#header-section.header-4 #header nav#main-navigation ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-5 #header nav#main-navigation ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-4 .header-right nav ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-5 .header-left nav ul.menu > li {
    line-height: 100px;
    }

snarfe

this worked for me, although the code should obviously be updated depending on which header you use. I use header 2, so in the code just switched all instances (in the first part of the code) of “header-4” to “header-2”

#header-section.header-2 #logo > a.logo-link, #header-section.header-5 #logo > a.logo-link {
    }
    #header-section.header-2 {
    margin-top: -15px;
    }

#header-section.header-4 #header nav#main-navigation ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-5 #header nav#main-navigation ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-4 .header-right nav ul.menu > li, #header-section.header-5 .header-left nav ul.menu > li {
    line-height: 100px;
    }

thanks flobaby!

a fix at the next update would be nice though, as flobaby, it didn’t work in the child css, so will be removed at the next update anyway…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Glad you sorted it. This issue will be fixed in the next update, likely will be out later

– Kyle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register