New Landing How can we help? Atelier How to change a mini-blog overlay thumbnail

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

Hi Guys,

Long time no see!
    I have just activated the blog feature on my site.
    I set it up so you can only see the blog option on the menu bar if a user is registered and logged on.
    you can see the blog page here

My question is, how do I easily change the default image that appears in the Swift Builder Blog element page (see above), without having to write custom CSS. I tried uploading a featured image, but this does not do the trick.

Please advise.

Thank you.

ps I dont have latest WP and Atelier version because I dont want the hassle of fixing things if versions are incompatible!

alibey

fixed. please ignore.

alibey

actually my “solution” looks like crap. the problem is the dimensions of the featured image in a post are way too large. so when you look at the atelier blog element, it is gigantic. the other problem is that the featured image repeated on top of each post when you click on “more” to read an entire post that has been exerpted. i just want a small thumbnail of the page that lists the posts, and not have the featured image (the thumbnial) reappear. how can i do this?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

So you want to remove the big image on the post page?

Go to the Post Meta Options, click on the detail media tab and set it to ‘none’

– Kyle

alibey

Hi Kyle

thanks that worked great for eliminating the Feature image on a post.
    Now I want to control the size of a Feature image as it is displayed by a swift blog page element.
    I have tried widely different sized pics, but once you get under 300px in height, any image tends to be blown up and blurry.
    I want the feature image to be around 200-250px high, but I don’t want to impact the size of any other image that appear anywhere else.
    I have looked at the relevant Atelier CSS, and it is not immediately obvious what is controlling the size of that particular feature image.
    Again, I want to change the size of the Feature image as it appears on the “blog master” page, without affecting other feature images, say in the catalog etc.

How do I do this? I looked at the meta options etc in the Swift page builder, but could not find anything useful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Add this to your custom css:

.masonry-items .blog-item figure.thumb-media-image img {
      width: 200px;
    }

– Kyle

alibey

perfect. Thanks!!!!!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

alibey

i set the thumbnail for the blog for the feature post images to be 300px x 300px
    this works perfectly with the swiftbuilder blog element-generated page.

when i click on the post itself, from that page, then click on “more” (by the author)
    i am taken to an archive page where the feature image width seems to have been narrowed to around 200px or so,
    while leaving the height at 300px. The effect of this horizontal narrowing is that the proportions of the feature image are now off.
    you can see this here.

so what is the css to ensure that this archive page displays the image proportionally?
    either 300 x 300 or, say, reduced by an equal percentage in both dimensions?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Don’t set the height in the css, you should leave that to auto or you will squash/stretch your images as they are not all square

– Kyle

alibey

Perfect. Now it looks right. I was going to also ask you how to change the background color in Archive Blog Post page, but I realize now that that would be pushing it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks again, Kyle!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

You can open a new topic for that

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register