New Landing How can we help? Atelier how to add tabs to bottom of product page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

hi Guys,

if you go here and scroll to the page bottom you will see two tabs – returns/customer reviews

http://www.urbanbarn.com/product/bree+toss+16×16+mocha.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

how can i add those to my product page?

also if you go to this particular product page on my site you will see ‘additional information’ on the page bottom

Black lava/Turquoise stone bead Unisex bracelet

what is that? why does it only show up on variable products? and how can i either 1) get rid of it or 2) use it better so it doesnt look like a random piece of forgotten ‘stuff’

thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You can add tabs using the page builder

To remove the additional info add this:

.woocommerce div.product .woocommerce-tabs {
      display: none;
    }

– Kyle

dm13

hi Kyle the code worked perfectly thank you! Okay i have a couple of questions about the tabs/page builder for products pages. I’ve used it successfully for the front page, the mobile version, the categories pages .. but for some reason just started plugging in the info on the regular stock product pages that wordpress /woocommerce generated.. so if i use page builder for the products, I have to add the products to page builder elements as well as the tabs? or can i just add tabs and leave the stock info there? will they both show up or will they conflict and only one or the other shows up?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Sorry but I don’t understand? Can you provide screenshots to show me what you are referring to?

– Kyle

dm13

hmm okay. when i open a new page for a new product, it gives me options with dropdown arrows to open and close the boxes – visual composer (which is closed in my screen shot #1), Yoast SEO, meta options, and the product data (which is open in screen shot #2).. i’ve used the product data for all my current products.

what i am wondering is if i use the page builder now, for those tabs, do i have to add elements to that page builder, for my product data, or can i keep the product data that i’ve already added (in screen shot #2).. and if i can use both the product data and the page builder, how do i make both show up on the front end? (because I tried, and the page builder doesnt show up).. i’m thinking i can use one OR the other but not both?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

The text area in screenshot 2 is not used on the front end, instead go to Product Meta > Short Description (this will show up at the side of your product image)

Then the page builder will show up below

– Kyle

dm13
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

On another product can you try using the page builder instead of visual composer and let me know if that shows up on the front end?

– Kyle

dm13

okay i am confused. When I click on ‘add new product’ the page it brings up is a blank template from woo commerce I’m assuming. If i click on ‘back end editor’ I thought that was the page builder elements but it changes the page and says ‘visual composer’ even though I can add elements and choose page layout and such.. so what is the ‘page builder’ if this is ‘visual composer’? totally confused ๐Ÿ™‚

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I’ve enabled the page builder for you now on products. And I’ve created a test product and used the page builder and it displays on the front end just fine so I’d recommend using that instead of visual composer

– Kyle

dm13

Fabulous Kyle! I’m playing around with it right now and the tabs are showing up. I’ve ‘entered’ the tab element and that shows up totally centered but wondering why the text on the tabs is justified to the left of the page rather than under the tab? here is mine:

http://nightmaircreations.com/product/test/

here is what i mean by ‘centered’ in the tab

http://www.urbanbarn.com/product/vintage+key+box.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Kyle – SUPPORT

You need to center the text in the editor

– Kyle

dm13

duh ๐Ÿ˜‰ thanks Kyle!

*resolved

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

dm13
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register