New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform How do I setup a child theme if my developer has always edited the parent theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    c.heckendorn

The developer I originally worked with on this project never setup the theme as a Parent/Child theme. He always made changes directly on the parent theme. There has been a lot of customization, so it’s impossible for me to know exactly which files were changed of the top of my head.

Obviously, I’d like to take advantage of the updates you release, but I realized this requires having the parent/child theme setup.

What is the easiest way to get this setup after the parent theme has been heavily customized?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You would have to set up a child theme, make the changes in the child theme and then update the parent theme. But I’m guessing you don’t know what changes were made to the parent theme? If so there’s not really anything you can do, if you update the theme you will lose your changes

– Kyle

c.heckendorn

Is there another way I can take advantage of the updates you release? Are there certain files that you typically change with these updates that I can compare side-by-side to my files before updating?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid not sorry several files are likely changed each update

– Kyle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register