New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante How do I make my site load faster?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    thadhuff

It loads really slow compared to other sites that perform the same. What should I do to optimize the speed? I am almost done building it and want to make sure I don’t need to go back and fix anything.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

There are several things that determine the speed of your site:

1) Your hosting – if you are using a $6 a month shared hosting plan, you will likely have a slow site. If you want to improve the speed, I would recommend going with a higher level hosting package

2) Page file size – If you use large images on your site then this will cause your website to slow down, I would recommend optimizing all images before uploading them to the site

3) Number of scripts being loaded – if you are using a lot of plugins, this will cause more stress on the server, you should try and reduce the number of plugins used

Hope this helps

– Kyle

thadhuff

Explain optimized for web. What size (width, height and assuming 72dpi) would you use for the following?
    – parallax
    – revolution slider
    – any other suggestions would be great

Want it to be beautiful on retina, but crazy fast as well! I have a great hosting…very fast, so I can assume it’s my images

Kyle – SUPPORT

What I do is use a max width of 1600px for full width images for e.g. slider/parallax etc. In photoshop I click ‘save for web’ and reduce the quality as much as I can without losing too much image image quality.

– Kyle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.