New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Home Page Blog repeating

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    denorm

used your themes for years now, love them.

just updated to 2.4.0 and noticed issues with BLOG on home page.

on a personal website, blog entries are repeating over and over again: http://www.derekau.net/
    (masonry, blog category all, 20 items, infinite scroll)

so i created a new page with new blog (settings same):
    http://www.derekau.net/home-page-2/
    these blog entries are not repeating, but entries end after scrolling through the second page (item 20) of results. (there are over 100 posts that should be displayed.)

then i created new page with standard blog (5 posts, infinite). it worked, so i set it as the home page, but then it started repeating again.

and now the OLD home page (which was repeating originally) does not repeat:
    http://www.derekau.net/home-page/

So, it seems that the blog is *only* repeating on the home page.

In Settings->reading I have set number of posts displayed as 20, same as swift blog settings. Still repeating.

I have been careful to have updated swift framework (1.7.0) and disabled caching.

denorm

The problem was due to my Cardinal Child Theme. Once I switched to use the Cardinal theme directly, the problem went away.

I have been using the same Cardinal child theme for a couple years, it seems I must now update it.

denorm

sorry, issue is not resolved.

even without using cardinal child theme, home page blog cannot load second page of posts.

it doesn’t matter if blog paging is infinite, ajax, or standard.

a page with blog component works when it is just a page

but when it is set as the home page (Settings-> Reading-> A static page), the pagination does not work.

to compare, http://www.derekau.net/home-page-3/ is the same setup as home page (just a single swift framework blog component)

artoni

I have the same issue, please help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Can you try resaving your permalinks

– Kyle

denorm

hi kyle,

i tried re-saving permalinks a few times, even changing the permalink format. still not working. you can see the repeat on my home page http://www.derekau.net

Kyle – SUPPORT

The issue is with the permalinks, if you set them to default then ?page=2 works as expected. Obviously this is not a solution, but the theme is not at fault. If you don’t want to mess around with htaccess, then best bet is to set front page to latest posts, then you can choose the display settings in the archive options

– Kyle

Scriptics

I am having the same issue and sorry @Kyle but your answer is not good enough. Tried with setting the permalinks as you suggested and it still does not work. It displays the first amount of items then when scrolling down instead of showing the next items it says: “All items loaded.” which is not the case.

It would be helpful if the team would work on an investigation to see what it is causing the issue in the first place then working on a fix since this is definitely a theme issue. Something in WordPress might have changed and the theme needs adjustments (I experienced this issue after moving from WP 4.3.1 to 4.4.1).

I have then test the latest Cardinal theme (2.4.1) with the latest WP (4.4.1) and the issue still exists.

Looking forward for a pertinent reply here, with an ETA or even with a workaround if not a fix.

Thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

The developer is looking into the issue

– Kyle

Scriptics

Thank you! Please keep us posted.

BTW, this website cannot send emails properly. I haven’t received an email with my password today when I created this account nor when you have replied here although I checked the ” Notify me of follow-up replies via email ” option. I did got an email when I hit the lost my password button. Please look into this issue as well. Feel free to open a new support request or what is neccessary to don’t forget about this issue.

Best regards,
    Scriptics

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Not sure why you’re not receiving emails, none of our other customers are having this issue so it may be an issue with your email

– Kyle

artoni

Hi Kyle,

Still having the same issue even after saving permalinks, it only repeats posts on home page everything else works fine.

Any solutions?

A

Kyle – SUPPORT

Have you tried using default permalinks?

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register