New Landing How can we help? Atelier Hero image post doesn't go away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    NiO

Hi Swiftideas,

Once a image background is added to a hero page title, it will not go away again once you remove it via the post title options. I tried putting the title to standard again and back to hero, but that does not resolve it.

A bot awkward 🙂

Cheers,

Johan

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Do you have any caching on your site?

– Kyle

NiO
    This reply has been marked as private.
    NiO
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Johan,

I cannot replicate this issue on my dev version. Do you still experience this as your page looks normal for me?

– If I select the ‘Page Title’ option ‘Hero’, it will default to the featured image if you do not add a desired image.

– If you remove an image that was set as the background, you will need to change the option back to ‘Standard’. Otherwise it will still be set to ‘Hero’ and grab the featured image.

Thanks,
    David.

NiO

Hi David,

Sorry, turned the standard header on again … but I think it is not an actual “issue” … just a matter of different expectations!

I did not expect that the hero header would always use a background image, even if no background image is selected. I would like to use the hero header simply because it is more fancy even without background image, it has a subtitle and it resizes on iPhone (see our other thread).

So, how can I stop the featured image being used as a background by default? All my posts have a featured image. I guess setting background image to none in css would do the trick right? Or will it still load the image in the back?

Falling back to the standard page title is not really an option, because if it not resizing on mobile …

Thanks, Johan

David Martin – Support

Hi Johan,

We could use CSS to hide it, but yes it would still be loaded – which is not a great solution for performance.

– I am having a chat with the guys currently about this, as you are using a child theme it maybe possible to provide you a modification to alter this functionality.

Thanks,
    David.

NiO

Thanks for looking into it David!

I guess it would not be a bad change for the theme either if you would allow no image, to allow people use the same styled header across pages with the option to include a background image only if needed.

David Martin – Support

I can provide you with the CSS to hide the background image, I can also pass on your request for potential inclusion in a future update.

Thanks,
    David.

NiO

Hi David,

Yes, please pass it on. It would of course be best to have a permanent solution.

As a temporary solution I think it would be best to create a 1px transparent image and load that in that area to trick things. That way I will avoid that the featured images gets loaded. I have lot’s of old posts with featured images that are fairly large, so that would be a pitty.

It will not be fun to go through all posts, so hopefully it gets included in a update soon 🙂

Thanks so far David!

David Martin – Support

Will do, let me know if I can help you with anything else.

NiO

Hi David,

And will it be included (or maybe better to say excluded) in a next update? Just got back from a trip and wanted to check, before I do the workaround effort.

Thanks,
    Johan

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,

Guess we weren’t expecting for people to use the hero header without an image, can you show us what you were trying to do?

– Ed

NiO

Thanks again for the support Ed. Closed the thread now 🙂

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register